DVD Planet (the store) Sucks!

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by J. Liquor, Oct 21, 2003.

  1. J. Liquor

    J. Liquor Guest

    Went in this morning to the Huntington Beach store with the intent on
    spending a lot of money on a pretty large batch of new releases that came
    out today. First bad sign was they had some stupid talk radio station
    broadcasting right in the store with their setup directly in front of the
    new release rack and some big greasy long haired 'tard standing there not
    letting people get to the new releases so as not to interfere with their
    broadcast! Biggest pain though was out of the following dvds that should be
    on shelves today that I was planning on buying-

    Rush in Rio - Live
    Black Scorpion
    Beast From 20,000 Fathoms
    Valley of Gwangi
    Dragonslayer
    Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell
    Captain Chronos
    28 Days Later
    Indiana Jones box
    Taken box

    They only had 28 Days Later, the Indiana Jones box, the Taken box and The
    Beast~ in the store. This has been typical of DVD Planet to not have titles
    out on street dates, sometimes for up to a week after a title's street date.
    In addition, they selectively *do not* carry certain very popular music
    titles for some bizarre reason. I want to inform people that the store has
    just gone down the shitter lately.

    I wound up going to a Best Buy where I got *every* title listed above at a
    decent price and in addition, got the Rush dvd and the live 3 cd set for $35
    which is a really good deal. To top it off, the Indiana Jones box came with
    a bonus dvd.

    DVD Planet can kiss my ass!

    J. Liquor, Oct 21, 2003