    Are they any good ?
    How long is their shipping time ?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    andrew.upton4, Jan 2, 2005

  2. andrew.upton4

    P Pron Guest

    andrew.upton4 wrote:
    > Has anyone in England used www.dvdpacific.com/ ?
    > Are they any good ?
    > How long is their shipping time ?
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Yes - they're excellent. Neck and neck with DVDSoon on prices, but they're
    really quick, and give personal replies to email queries almost by return
    whereas DVDSoon can be slow and infuriatingly silent.

    I always use their cheapest postage, and seldom wait more than a week.

    hth & hny
    paul

    P Pron, Jan 2, 2005

  3. andrew.upton4

    Ed Kim Guest

    P Pron wrote:
    > andrew.upton4 wrote:
    > > Has anyone in England used www.dvdpacific.com/ ?
    > > Are they any good ?
    > > How long is their shipping time ?
    > > Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    > Yes - they're excellent. Neck and neck with DVDSoon on prices, but

    they're
    > really quick, and give personal replies to email queries almost by

    return
    > whereas DVDSoon can be slow and infuriatingly silent.
    >
    > I always use their cheapest postage, and seldom wait more than a

    week.

    > hth & hny
    > paul

    i'm in the US and i've one thing to add, though. DVDPacific has been
    very good overall, but they have a suck-ass return policy. i had one
    dvd come to me and the disc had come loose from the hub in shipping and
    was totally scratched up. the disc locked up in my dvd player. when i
    emailed them about rturning it, they asked that i send it back so they
    could test it on their players and then decide if it warranted a
    replacement! i sent it back. TWO MONTHS later, not having heard
    anything, i emailed them and they replied that it played fine on their
    players and that they would send it back to me. great... now, if the
    price is fairly close, i go to amazon, b/c their return policy is much
    easier to deal with.

    -goro-

    Ed Kim, Jan 3, 2005
  4. andrew.upton4

    P Pron Guest

    Ed Kim wrote:
    > P Pron wrote:
    >> andrew.upton4 wrote:
    >>> Has anyone in England used www.dvdpacific.com/ ?
    >>> Are they any good ?
    >>> How long is their shipping time ?
    >>> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    >> Yes - they're excellent. Neck and neck with DVDSoon on prices, but
    >> they're really quick, and give personal replies to email queries
    >> almost by return whereas DVDSoon can be slow and infuriatingly
    >> silent.
    >>
    >> I always use their cheapest postage, and seldom wait more than a
    >> week.
    >>
    >> hth & hny
    >> paul

    > i'm in the US and i've one thing to add, though. DVDPacific has been
    > very good overall, but they have a suck-ass return policy. i had one
    > dvd come to me and the disc had come loose from the hub in shipping
    > and was totally scratched up. the disc locked up in my dvd player.
    > when i emailed them about rturning it, they asked that i send it back
    > so they could test it on their players and then decide if it
    > warranted a replacement! i sent it back. TWO MONTHS later, not
    > having heard anything, i emailed them and they replied that it played
    > fine on their players and that they would send it back to me.
    > great... now, if the price is fairly close, i go to amazon, b/c their
    > return policy is much easier to deal with.
    >
    > -goro-

    Surprising!

    I had around 100 discs from DVDPacific in 2004 - I was lucky enough to get
    only one "rattler", and that was undamaged, so I've not needed to test their
    returns policy. Yours is the first report I've seen along these lines....

    paul

    P Pron, Jan 3, 2005
  5. andrew.upton4

    Ed Kim Guest

    P Pron wrote:
    > Ed Kim wrote:
    > > P Pron wrote:
    > >>

    > >> Yes - they're excellent. Neck and neck with DVDSoon on prices, but
    > >> they're really quick, and give personal replies to email queries
    > >> almost by return whereas DVDSoon can be slow and infuriatingly
    > >> silent.
    > >>
    > >> I always use their cheapest postage, and seldom wait more than a
    > >> week.
    > >>
    > >> hth & hny
    > >> paul

    > > i'm in the US and i've one thing to add, though. DVDPacific has

    been
    > > very good overall, but they have a suck-ass return policy. i had

    one
    > > dvd come to me and the disc had come loose from the hub in shipping
    > > and was totally scratched up. the disc locked up in my dvd player.
    > > when i emailed them about rturning it, they asked that i send it

    back
    > > so they could test it on their players and then decide if it
    > > warranted a replacement! i sent it back. TWO MONTHS later, not
    > > having heard anything, i emailed them and they replied that it

    played
    > > fine on their players and that they would send it back to me.
    > > great... now, if the price is fairly close, i go to amazon, b/c

    their
    > > return policy is much easier to deal with.
    > >
    > > -goro-

    > Surprising!
    >
    > I had around 100 discs from DVDPacific in 2004 - I was lucky enough

    to get
    > only one "rattler", and that was undamaged, so I've not needed to

    test their
    > returns policy. Yours is the first report I've seen along these

    lines....

    > paul

    yes. i thot so. i had good luck and then a string of bad luck as i got
    about 5 rattlers in 3 months. i'm especially surprised b/c they
    provide such great customer service otherwise. All i wanted was a
    replacement of the disc. No go.

    -goro-

    Ed Kim, Jan 3, 2005