    Best Wishes,
    Don Leighty

    "Turn me on, Redmond. Turn me on, Redmond."

    Don Leighty, Aug 18, 2004

  2. Don Leighty

    HappyHunter Guest

    On 18 Aug 2004 08:46:18 -0700, (Don Leighty)
    wrote:

    >After receiving an email this morning from DVD Pacific saying that
    >they had changed my password to secure my customer information, I
    >checked my credit card online and found that half a dozen fraudulent
    >transactions totalling over five hundred dollars had posted on the
    >18th. DVD Pacific's security measures (installed AFTER they suspected
    >a problem) seem to indicate their customer database has been plundered
    >by Russians or Ukrainians.
    >
    >Heads up, folks. Check your credit cards if you've ever dealt with
    >DVD Pacific.

    Hi, what was the description attached to the charge (who was
    requesting it)?

    TIA

    HappyHunter, Aug 19, 2004

  3. Don Leighty

    Don Leighty Guest

    (HappyHunter) wrote in message news:<>...
    > On 18 Aug 2004 08:46:18 -0700, (Don Leighty)
    > wrote:
    >
    > >After receiving an email this morning from DVD Pacific saying that
    > >they had changed my password to secure my customer information, I
    > >checked my credit card online and found that half a dozen fraudulent
    > >transactions totalling over five hundred dollars had posted on the
    > >18th. DVD Pacific's security measures (installed AFTER they suspected
    > >a problem) seem to indicate their customer database has been plundered
    > >by Russians or Ukrainians.
    > >
    > >Heads up, folks. Check your credit cards if you've ever dealt with
    > >DVD Pacific.
    > >

    > Hi, what was the description attached to the charge (who was
    > requesting it)?
    >
    > TIA

    I don't know the exact wording - as soon as I closed the credit card
    account I lost access to its online transaction history. The charges
    will eventually show up on my new account, though (in a couple of
    weeks).

    As best I can recall, two were listed as "Yahoo Wallet", one was
    "2CO.COM", and another was something to do with "NAMESECURE". I can't
    remember the rest. All looked like online services of one type or
    another, though.

    ---

    Don Leighty, Aug 19, 2004