    --
    The alt.video.dvd faq is located at:
    http://aww-faq.org/dvdfaq.html
    FAQmeister, Aug 4, 2005

  2. FAQmeister wrote:
    > Battle of the Bulge
    >
    > It's not broken or anything but it makes a lot of noise in the player
    > when it's played.
    > Tried it on two different players and one is louder than the other, but
    > both are too loud. It's the first DVD I've seen with this problem.
    >
    > It doesn't seem to be making any noise when played on the computer.
    >
    > Is it worth the bother of returning it for a replacement or should I
    > just make a copy and use the copy?

    Return, return, or you'll regret it later.

    John

    The Man Behind The Curtain, Aug 5, 2005

  3. FAQmeister

    Jay Stewart Guest

    "FAQmeister" <> wrote in message
    > Battle of the Bulge
    >
    > It's not broken or anything but it makes a lot of noise in the player when
    > it's played.
    > Tried it on two different players and one is louder than the other, but
    > both are too loud. It's the first DVD I've seen with this problem.
    >
    > It doesn't seem to be making any noise when played on the computer.
    >
    > Is it worth the bother of returning it for a replacement or should I just
    > make a copy and use the copy?

    Hey, Faq ---

    Mine plays fine, and I've watched it five times since it came out. Perhaps
    you should swap it now.
    Jay Stewart, Aug 5, 2005
  4. FAQmeister

    Guest

    On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 14:54:46 -0700, "FAQmeister"
    <> wrote:

    >Battle of the Bulge
    >
    >It's not broken or anything but it makes a lot of noise in the player
    >when it's played.
    >Tried it on two different players and one is louder than the other, but
    >both are too loud. It's the first DVD I've seen with this problem.
    >
    >It doesn't seem to be making any noise when played on the computer.
    >
    >Is it worth the bother of returning it for a replacement or should I
    >just make a copy and use the copy?

    Making a copy is ILLEGAL. If you do it, you WILL go to prison for
    many years. You are already under surveilance. Do you really want to
    go to prison for 20 or 40 years just to save 10 minutes of your time
    to return that junk disk?
    , Aug 6, 2005
  5. FAQmeister

    FAQmeister Guest

    "Jay Stewart" <> wrote in message
    > "FAQmeister" <> wrote in message
    >> Battle of the Bulge
    >>
    >> It's not broken or anything but it makes a lot of noise in the
    >> player when it's played.
    >> Tried it on two different players and one is louder than the other,
    >> but both are too loud. It's the first DVD I've seen with this
    >> problem. It doesn't seem to be making any noise when played on the
    >> computer.
    >>
    >> Is it worth the bother of returning it for a replacement or should I
    >> just make a copy and use the copy?

    > Hey, Faq ---
    >
    > Mine plays fine, and I've watched it five times since it came out.
    > Perhaps you should swap it now.

    You're right. I was just being lazy.
    FAQmeister, Aug 6, 2005
  6. FAQmeister

    FAQmeister Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 14:54:46 -0700, "FAQmeister"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Battle of the Bulge
    >>
    >> It's not broken or anything but it makes a lot of noise in the player
    >> when it's played.
    >> Tried it on two different players and one is louder than the other,
    >> but both are too loud. It's the first DVD I've seen with this
    >> problem.
    >>
    >> It doesn't seem to be making any noise when played on the computer.
    >>
    >> Is it worth the bother of returning it for a replacement or should I
    >> just make a copy and use the copy?

    > Making a copy is ILLEGAL. If you do it, you WILL go to prison for
    > many years. You are already under surveilance. Do you really want to
    > go to prison for 20 or 40 years just to save 10 minutes of your time
    > to return that junk disk?

    surveilance? (sic)
    20 to 40 years?

    Get a grip.