    Please help me as I would really like to play this on my PC and then would
    like to convert to MPEG.

    Yaz

    Yaz, Nov 19, 2006

  2. "Yaz" posted this esurient inquiry in

    > How can I watch a DVD on my PC?
    >
    > I would like to watch a DVD on my PC. I have a DVD built-in my PC. I
    > have Windows Media Player but does not recognise the DVD Files. I have
    > the following files on the DVD :
    >
    > .VRO
    > .BUP
    > .IFO
    >
    > Please help me as I would really like to play this on my PC and then
    > would like to convert to MPEG.
    >
    > Yaz

    You need DVD player software, here's a free one:

    http://www.cliprex.com/

    Let's get a DVD playing before we convert to MPEG...

    --

    If you ever teach a yodeling class,
    probably the hardest thing to do

    You see, we build up to that.

    Bucky Breeder, Nov 19, 2006

  3. Yaz

    PeeCee Guest

    Warning Spyware: was Re: DVD on my PC

    "Bucky Breeder" <> wrote in
    message news:Xns9880AA359F08CWiZEERD@216.151.153.13...
    > "Yaz" posted this esurient inquiry in
    >>
    >> How can I watch a DVD on my PC?
    >>
    >> I would like to watch a DVD on my PC. I have a DVD built-in my PC. I
    >> have Windows Media Player but does not recognise the DVD Files. I have
    >> the following files on the DVD :
    >>
    >> .VRO
    >> .BUP
    >> .IFO
    >>
    >> Please help me as I would really like to play this on my PC and then
    >> would like to convert to MPEG.
    >>
    >> Yaz

    > You need DVD player software, here's a free one:
    >
    > http://www.cliprex.com/
    >
    > Let's get a DVD playing before we convert to MPEG...
    >
    > --
    >
    > If you ever teach a yodeling class,
    > probably the hardest thing to do
    > is to keep the students from just
    > trying to yodel - right off.
    >
    > You see, we build up to that.

    Bucky (& Yaz)

    Be carefull with Cliprex, last time I tried installing it it came with a
    whole lot of spyware!
    It does work as a DVD player but be prepared to spend some time cleaning
    your system out.

    Yaz
    Have a good look through the CD's that came with your PC or DVD drive there
    is usually a DVD player of some sort, 'Cyberlink Power DVD' is most common.

    Paul.

    PeeCee, Nov 20, 2006
  4. Yaz

    Decode DVD Guest

    "Yaz" <> wrote in message
    > How can I watch a DVD on my PC?
    >
    > I would like to watch a DVD on my PC. I have a DVD built-in my PC. I
    > have Windows Media Player but does not recognise the DVD Files. I have the
    > following files on the DVD :
    >
    > .VRO
    > .BUP
    > .IFO
    >
    > Please help me as I would really like to play this on my PC and then would
    > like to convert to MPEG.
    >
    > Yaz

    To watch DVD's via any media player requires that a decoder
    is installed. This is usually via cyberlink powerDVD or WinDVD
    software which are usually preinstalled.
    Go here and check your installed decoders:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...ac-0ab6-4990-943d-627e6ade9fcb&displaylang=en

    You can download and install a DVD decoder from this MS download site:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/plugins.aspx

    Decode DVD, Nov 20, 2006
  5. "Bucky Breeder" <> wrote in
    message news:Xns9880AA359F08CWiZEERD@216.151.153.13...
    > "Yaz" posted this esurient inquiry in
    >>
    >> How can I watch a DVD on my PC?
    >>
    >> I would like to watch a DVD on my PC. I have a DVD built-in my PC. I
    >> have Windows Media Player but does not recognise the DVD Files. I have
    >> the following files on the DVD :
    >>
    >> .VRO
    >> .BUP
    >> .IFO
    >>
    >> Please help me as I would really like to play this on my PC and then
    >> would like to convert to MPEG.
    >>
    >> Yaz

    > You need DVD player software, here's a free one:
    >
    > http://www.cliprex.com/
    >
    > Let's get a DVD playing before we convert to MPEG...
    >
    > --

    On the same site, you can download just codecs for free, which let Media
    Player play DVDs.
    http://www.cliprex.com/free_dvd_vid...d,10/order,dmdate_published/ascdesc,DESC.html
    Download the Fraunhofer codecs.

    -Jeepers Creepers

    Jeepers Creepers, Nov 20, 2006
  6. Re: Warning Spyware: was Re: DVD on my PC

    "PeeCee" responded in

    > Bucky (& Yaz)
    >
    > Be carefull with Cliprex, last time I tried installing it it came with a
    > whole lot of spyware!
    > It does work as a DVD player but be prepared to spend some time cleaning
    > your system out.
    >
    > Yaz
    > Have a good look through the CD's that came with your PC or DVD drive
    > there is usually a DVD player of some sort, 'Cyberlink Power DVD' is
    > most common.
    >
    > Paul.

    Thanks for the heads-up! I'd have used Ad-Watch, and I also download to a
    very specific folder (on a FAT32 data partition in XP Pro) where
    *everything* gets scanned and examined before it gets dispositioned.

    (^8 Good call, and contructive information.

    Usually when Cyberlink, or Intervideo is bundled in an OEM system roll-out
    it is already associated with the DVD player... So I think the OP may still
    need a DVD software player. Any leads on [safe] free ones that pass your
    standards?

    Best regards.

    --

    If you're out hiking and your friend gets bitten by a poisonous snake,
    tell him you're going to go for help! Then go about 10 feet, out of sight,

    A lot of guys will just start crying, "... but I don't want to die now."
    That's why it makes you feel good when you tell them it was only a joke -
    but he's still always going to be the big sissy cry-baby to everybody else.

    Bucky Breeder, Nov 20, 2006
  7. "Bucky Breeder" addends his previous, here
    in news:Xns9880AA359F08CWiZEERD@216.151.153.13:

    > "Yaz" posted this esurient inquiry in
    >>
    >> How can I watch a DVD on my PC?
    >>
    >> I would like to watch a DVD on my PC. I have a DVD built-in my PC. I
    >> have Windows Media Player but does not recognise the DVD Files. I have
    >> the following files on the DVD :
    >>
    >> .VRO
    >> .BUP
    >> .IFO
    >>
    >> Please help me as I would really like to play this on my PC and then
    >> would like to convert to MPEG.
    >>
    >> Yaz

    > You need DVD player software, here's a free one:
    >
    > http://www.cliprex.com/
    >
    > Let's get a DVD playing before we convert to MPEG...

    Another poster, who apparently wishes to remain anonymous, or be
    the creator of a brave new world, opened another thread and posted
    this in news:ejrcgp$pj8$:

    > Be carefull with Cliprex, last time I tried installing it it came with a
    > whole lot of spyware!
    > It does work as a DVD player but be prepared to spend some time cleaning
    > your system out.
    >
    > Yaz
    > Have a good look through the CD's that came with your PC or DVD drive
    > there is usually a DVD player of some sort, 'Cyberlink Power DVD' is
    > most common.
    >
    > Paul.

    To which "Bucky" hath responded and doeth hereby respond
    for the integrity of the subjet matter at hand in

    Bucky Breeder, Nov 20, 2006
  8. <SNAPPLE>

    > Yaz

    Loved your first album,

    Cheers

    Muse De Groops, Nov 20, 2006
  9. Yaz

    ProfGene Guest

    Yaz wrote:
    > How can I watch a DVD on my PC?
    >
    > I would like to watch a DVD on my PC. I have a DVD built-in my PC. I have
    > Windows Media Player but does not recognise the DVD Files. I have the
    > following files on the DVD :
    >
    > .VRO
    > .BUP
    > .IFO
    >
    > Please help me as I would really like to play this on my PC and then would
    > like to convert to MPEG.
    >
    > Yaz

    You can download a free DivX player

    ProfGene, Nov 20, 2006
  10. Yaz

    Guest

    Bucky Breeder <> wrote:

    >Usually when Cyberlink, or Intervideo is bundled in an OEM system roll-out
    >it is already associated with the DVD player... So I think the OP may still
    >need a DVD software player. Any leads on [safe] free ones that pass your
    >standards?

    One that has a terms of service or EULA you can read, would be a good
    start.
    http://www.cliprex.com/ nada
    Google: EULA site:www.cliprex.com/ nada
    Google: terms of service site:www.cliprex.com/ nada

    --
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=_-RdAzkKlXY

    , Nov 20, 2006
  11. Re: Warning Spyware: was Re: DVD on my PC

    > "PeeCee" responded in
    >>
    >> Bucky (& Yaz)
    >>
    >> Be carefull with Cliprex, last time I tried installing it it came with
    >> a whole lot of spyware!
    >> It does work as a DVD player but be prepared to spend some time
    >> cleaning your system out.
    >>
    >> Yaz
    >> Have a good look through the CD's that came with your PC or DVD drive
    >> there is usually a DVD player of some sort, 'Cyberlink Power DVD' is
    >> most common.
    >>
    >> Paul.

    "Bucky Breeder" posted this
    in news:Xns98814860F5A12WiZEERD@216.151.153.41:

    > Thanks for the heads-up! I'd have used Ad-Watch, and I also download to
    > a very specific folder (on a FAT32 data partition in XP Pro) where
    > *everything* gets scanned and examined before it gets dispositioned.
    >
    > (^8 Good call, and contructive information.
    >
    > Usually when Cyberlink, or Intervideo is bundled in an OEM system
    > roll-out it is already associated with the DVD player... So I think the
    > OP may still need a DVD software player. Any leads on [safe] free ones
    > that pass your standards?
    >
    > Best regards.

    "" posted this a day later
    in a distant thread news::

    > One that has a terms of service or EULA you can read, would be a good
    > start.
    > http://www.cliprex.com/ nada
    > Google: EULA site:www.cliprex.com/ nada
    > Google: terms of service site:www.cliprex.com/ nada

    *NO* thanks! Homey don't roll with freewares - it's *usually* junk.

    Thanks for the links??? What *is* your point here? Reading the OP, that
    thread, and this spin-off, someone has already opined that Cliprex, even
    though free, is *not* the best best for the OP's problem [because it comes
    bundled with various persistent "malwares"] -- So now you're reading the
    EULA? What, *you* gonna sue 'em? I'm not looking for software to play DVD's
    in my DVD player - the OP is.

    My recommendation to any valid or substantive inquiry would be to *always*
    obtain legal software from a reputable dealer, and I personally like the
    *best* and only the *best*! (Or borrow some premium software installation
    CD's from some of your friends, and *try* a few options out until ya decide
    which is the best, and buy.) 8^)

    --

    To me, truth is not some vague and/or foggy notion.
    Truth *is* real! And, at the same time - unreal.

    This is "truth," to me.

    Bucky Breeder, Nov 21, 2006
  12. Yaz

    Guest

    Bucky Breeder <> wrote:

    >> "PeeCee" responded in
    >>>
    >>> Bucky (& Yaz)
    >>>
    >>> Be carefull with Cliprex, last time I tried installing it it came with
    >>> a whole lot of spyware!
    >>> It does work as a DVD player but be prepared to spend some time
    >>> cleaning your system out.
    >>>
    >>> Yaz
    >>> Have a good look through the CD's that came with your PC or DVD drive
    >>> there is usually a DVD player of some sort, 'Cyberlink Power DVD' is
    >>> most common.
    >>>
    >>> Paul.

    >"Bucky Breeder" posted this
    >in news:Xns98814860F5A12WiZEERD@216.151.153.41:
    >>
    >> Thanks for the heads-up! I'd have used Ad-Watch, and I also download to
    >> a very specific folder (on a FAT32 data partition in XP Pro) where
    >> *everything* gets scanned and examined before it gets dispositioned.
    >>
    >> (^8 Good call, and contructive information.
    >>
    >> Usually when Cyberlink, or Intervideo is bundled in an OEM system
    >> roll-out it is already associated with the DVD player... So I think the
    >> OP may still need a DVD software player. Any leads on [safe] free ones
    >> that pass your standards?
    >>
    >> Best regards.

    >"" posted this a day later
    >in a distant thread news::
    >>
    >> One that has a terms of service or EULA you can read, would be a good
    >> start.
    >> http://www.cliprex.com/ nada
    >> Google: EULA site:www.cliprex.com/ nada
    >> Google: terms of service site:www.cliprex.com/ nada

    >*NO* thanks! Homey don't roll with freewares - it's *usually* junk.
    >
    >Thanks for the links??? What *is* your point here? Reading the OP, that
    >thread, and this spin-off, someone has already opined that Cliprex, even
    >though free, is *not* the best best for the OP's problem [because it comes
    >bundled with various persistent "malwares"] -- So now you're reading the
    >EULA? What, *you* gonna sue 'em? I'm not looking for software to play DVD's
    >in my DVD player - the OP is.
    >
    >My recommendation to any valid or substantive inquiry would be to *always*
    >obtain legal software from a reputable dealer, and I personally like the
    >*best* and only the *best*! (Or borrow some premium software installation
    >CD's from some of your friends, and *try* a few options out until ya decide
    >which is the best, and buy.) 8^)

    The best you can do to avoid installing malware, is to read the Eula
    or terms of service, if they are going to add third party software or
    collect info to pass to third parites it will be mentioned in the
    terms.

    Dap (download accelerator) for example
    http://www.speedbit.com/Legal/DAPLICENSE.ASP

    ""Add-Ons" - refers to all software add-ons, such as skins, functional
    and/or content and/or services tabs (i.e.: Games tab, Shopping tab),
    desktop shortcut icons (i.e.: DAP shortcut icon, DAP Games Center
    shortcut icon) which may be made available from time to time by either
    Speedbit and/or any other third-party, to be used in connection with
    the Products and/or Services. Please note that the above mentioned
    content and services tabs may include content, materials and services
    provided and/or powered by third parties, for which Speedbit is not
    responsible and cannot be held liable for and which may be covered by
    separate legal, commercial and privacy practices. Please consult the
    applicable terms and conditions and privacy statements of such third
    party providers to learn more about their practices. SpeedBit reserves
    the right to amend, discontinue and/or terminate and/or limit and/or
    disable and/or cancel the available Add-Ons, or any part thereof, at
    any time, at its sole discretion and without notice to you."

    http://www.cliprex.com/ has no terms available.

    --
    Fallen Art
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=4yQhXBeabUE

    , Nov 21, 2006
  13. Re: Warning Spyware: was Re: DVD on my PC

    "Bucky Breeder" wrote in

    >>My recommendation to any valid or substantive inquiry would be to
    >>*always* obtain legal software from a reputable dealer, and I personally
    >>like the *best* and only the *best*! (Or borrow some premium software
    >>installation CD's from some of your friends, and *try* a few options out
    >>until ya decide which is the best, and buy.) 8^)

    "" is on about this in

    > The best you can do to avoid installing malware, is to read the Eula
    > or terms of service, if they are going to add third party software or
    > collect info to pass to third parites it will be mentioned in the
    > terms.

    Oh I quite respectfully disagree! Malicious people perpetrate malware, and
    generally they don't adhere to moral or legal codes, rather thinking they can
    "beat" any remedy brought to bear against them for their transgressions. I
    use only top-notch reputable software. However, you might share your findings
    and opinions with the OP, who seemed sorely in need of assistance with
    certain particulars.

    > Dap (download accelerator) for example
    > http://www.speedbit.com/Legal/DAPLICENSE.ASP

    I really have *no* idea where you got this particular momentum? Perhaps you
    are so busy you just got to posting on the incorrect thread? I have used
    'Download Express' since I was a kid with very good results and no problems
    or conflicts whatsoever.

    > ""Add-Ons" - refers to all software add-ons, such as skins, functional
    > and/or content and/or services tabs (i.e.: Games tab, Shopping tab),
    > desktop shortcut icons (i.e.: DAP shortcut icon, DAP Games Center
    > shortcut icon) which may be made available from time to time by either
    > Speedbit and/or any other third-party, to be used in connection with
    > the Products and/or Services. Please note that the above mentioned
    > content and services tabs may include content, materials and services
    > provided and/or powered by third parties, for which Speedbit is not
    > responsible and cannot be held liable for and which may be covered by
    > separate legal, commercial and privacy practices. Please consult the
    > applicable terms and conditions and privacy statements of such third
    > party providers to learn more about their practices. SpeedBit reserves
    > the right to amend, discontinue and/or terminate and/or limit and/or
    > disable and/or cancel the available Add-Ons, or any part thereof, at
    > any time, at its sole discretion and without notice to you."

    Don't know, so I wouldn't presume to advise you in these regards. Perhaps you
    have a readily accessible locally certified and competent attorney working
    for your family's trust accounts Executive Committee, or a friend or family
    member with some legal background who could help you out with your EULA
    issues.

    > http://www.cliprex.com/ has no terms available.

    Whoo-whee! I'd sure stay away from there! I've recently been informed that it
    comes bundled with malware and such. I have both Intervideo's and Cyberlink's
    latest scattered about, which have long served me admirably and I would
    steadfastly highly recommend either or both.

    Best wishes to you and yours for a safe and joyous holiday season.

    Bucky Breeder, Nov 21, 2006
  14. Yaz

    Guest

    Bucky Breeder <> wrote:

    >> The best you can do to avoid installing malware, is to read the Eula
    >> or terms of service, if they are going to add third party software or
    >> collect info to pass to third parites it will be mentioned in the
    >> terms.

    >Oh I quite respectfully disagree! Malicious people perpetrate malware, and
    >generally they don't adhere to moral or legal codes, rather thinking they can
    >"beat" any remedy brought to bear against them for their transgressions. I
    >use only top-notch reputable software. However, you might share your findings
    >and opinions with the OP, who seemed sorely in need of assistance with
    >certain particulars.

    And why I started with the disclaimer: the best you can do..

    >> Dap (download accelerator) for example
    >> http://www.speedbit.com/Legal/DAPLICENSE.ASP

    >I really have *no* idea where you got this particular momentum? Perhaps you
    >are so busy you just got to posting on the incorrect thread? I have used
    >'Download Express' since I was a kid with very good results and no problems
    >or conflicts whatsoever.

    :) DAP has always had spyware installed.