    it plays, but there are tons of places where the DVD pauses, or skips. It
    wasn't always this way, and there aren't that many scratches (nothing big).
    Ideas on how to fix this? I'd be happy if I could just copy the thing!
    Azeem Shahjahan Jiva, Aug 5, 2004

  2. >Hi,
    > I'm trying to backup my wedding DVD, but I can not read the DVD at all
    >on my computer. The DVD itself is about two years old, and on my DVD player
    >it plays, but there are tons of places where the DVD pauses, or skips.

    Ask your friends if they have computers with a DVD writer and try to read it
    there. Some readers have better defect tracking and, thus, can deal with
    imperfect discs better than others.

    It is very possible that your disc may be deteriorating due to a poor write (a
    write that was done at too fast a speed can have greater instances of errors)
    and/or a low quality disc (lower quality discs, typically those made in Taiwan,
    do not tend to last very long and are a poor choice for archiving). - Reinhart
    LASERandDVDfan, Aug 5, 2004