    Any suggestions on a fix or a better software to use for playback.

    Thanks

    Chris

    Chris, Jan 26, 2005

  2. Chris

    Redhead Guest

    VideoLAN is your answer. Free DVD player that is awesome! I loaded it on my
    computers since Windows media player says I have to get software to view the
    movie. "get" equates to purchase.
    Here is the link:
    http://www.videolan.org/

    Redhead, Jan 26, 2005

  3. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Thanks Redhead ill give it a try

    Chris, Jan 27, 2005
  4. Chris

    Redhead Guest

    your welcome!

    Redhead, Jan 27, 2005
  5. Chris

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Chris" <> wrote in message
    | Hi all.
    |
    | I have a problem that has occured on 2 computers running Windows XP
    | pro so far.
    | The wierd thing is i just bought a new computer and placed a DVD in
    | and it opened windows media and played it. I now get the same message
    | that WMP cannot play this same DVD.
    |
    | I can only think is a windows update though I got the same message on
    | a friends computer I had built the software on and added SP2.
    | This computer had previously played DVD's.
    | I tried the error message suggestions on what to try without any luck.
    |
    | Any suggestions on a fix or a better software to use for playback.

    Windows Media Player by default cannot play DVD movies. It requires a
    plug-in. Most plug-ins are referrals by MS...I bet they get a cut! Here's a
    link to a plug-in that's free:
    ftp://iseb2.surgi.dote.hu/Microsoft/XP/DVDPack/DVDPack.msi

    Toolman Tim, Jan 27, 2005
  6. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Thanks Tim worked great.
    No idea why its not a default in Windows MEDIA Player hehe.

    Chris

    Chris, Jan 27, 2005
  7. Chris

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Chris" <> wrote in message
    | Thanks Tim worked great.
    | No idea why its not a default in Windows MEDIA Player hehe.

    Agreed. Maybe MS was trying to avoid stepping on the toes of the companies
    already providing DVD solutions - PowerDVD, WinDVD, etc. But that really
    would surprise me, considering how many *other* toes they've stepped on over
    the years!

    Toolman Tim, Jan 28, 2005