    Do I need a codec, a driver or some software? Thanks.
    --
    Ken

    Ken Doughty, Feb 9, 2007

  2. Ken Doughty

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 10:49:46 +0000, Ken Doughty Has Frothed:

    > I have a 1 year old Panasonic DVD burner (DMR-ES15EB/EBL) linked to my
    > SKY+ box.
    >
    > When I burn a -R DVD disk it is readable on every reader I have, but
    > when I burn a -RW disk (finalised) under the same circumstances it is
    > readable in all my readers except the 2 built into my PC which are:
    >
    > 1) Matshita DVD RAM LF-D310
    > 2) Philips DVDR 164P
    > Both these units read all commercial DVDs.
    > I have checked that both have up to date drivers.
    >
    > Do I need a codec, a driver or some software? Thanks.

    No.

    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Feb 9, 2007

  3. Ken Doughty

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 15:40:48 +0000, Filthy Slag Has Frothed:

    > You Meat head and the Brit fraudster who claims to be an aussie
    > have both got it wrong you pair of thicko twats.
    > A finalised disk is now a DVD/CD.
    > Compatibility with drive of DVD+/- R/RW or DVD-/+R/RW is only
    > relevent when burning.

    Some drives won't read CDRW media regardless if it has been finalized.

    What's your solution to the OP's problem then?

    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Feb 9, 2007
  4. Ken Doughty

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 15:57:27 +0000, Ken Doughty Has Frothed:

    > Pierre Salinger
    > Thank you also for your response - I will follow up the detailed specs
    > of the 2 readers - it might be easier to buy a cheap Panasonic dvd
    > reader for my PC
    >
    > Ken

    For me it appeared that your devices may be fairly aged and just not
    comaptable with the media. I could be wrong, it happens. Do you have a
    friend that has a newer device you could try the media in question in?

    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Feb 11, 2007