    Nancy Guest

    My Pacific 1002 DVD player states it can play Mp3's, can I just fill a DVDr
    with Mp3's and expect it to play in the player, or is there more to it?
    Nancy, Nov 16, 2003

  2. Nancy

    Name Guest

    In article <3fb75058$>,
    says...
    > My Pacific 1002 DVD player states it can play Mp3's, can I just fill a DVDr
    > with Mp3's and expect it to play in the player, or is there more to it?

    That's pretty much all you should need to do.
    --

    Dwight R. Klettke

    ICQ# 1004858 or any other IM
    Name, Nov 17, 2003

  3. Nancy

    Sam Lowry Guest

    Most DVD players will not play DVD-R-MP3 discs. Gotta use CD-R.
    - SL

    Sam Lowry, Nov 17, 2003
  4. Nancy

    Name Guest

    In article <%w8ub.4775$>,
    says...
    > Most DVD players will not play DVD-R-MP3 discs. Gotta use CD-R.
    > - SL
    >
    > "Nancy" <> wrote in message
    > > My Pacific 1002 DVD player states it can play Mp3's, can I just fill a

    > DVDr
    > > with Mp3's and expect it to play in the player, or is there more to it?

    My mistake. Thanks for the clarification, Sam.
    Nancy, since you can already have more than 10 hours of mp3's of good
    quality on a CD, Sam's approach is probably best. You can still use DVD
    for pure storage, however.
    --

    Dwight R. Klettke

    ICQ# 1004858 or any other IM
    Name, Nov 17, 2003
  5. "Nancy" <> wrote in message
    > My Pacific 1002 DVD player states it can play Mp3's, can I just fill a

    DVDr
    > with Mp3's and expect it to play in the player, or is there more to it?

    Sorry, probably not.

    When you plop in a DVD into your DVD Player, it expects DVD Video. It won't
    be looking for MP3 files, in an ISO format. It also won't work if you use
    the UDF format, the native format for DVD Video.

    There are a few that do, so, just burn a few megs worth of MP3s onto a RW
    disc (dont waste a R :) and try it....
    Anonymous Joe, Nov 17, 2003
  6. Anonymous Joe wrote:

    > "Nancy" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>My Pacific 1002 DVD player states it can play Mp3's, can I just fill a

    > DVDr
    >
    >>with Mp3's and expect it to play in the player, or is there more to it?

    > Sorry, probably not.
    >
    > When you plop in a DVD into your DVD Player, it expects DVD Video. It won't
    > be looking for MP3 files, in an ISO format. It also won't work if you use
    > the UDF format, the native format for DVD Video.

    Most CD-R burners offer you a choice of burning either as Audio (80 min.
    for CD players), Data (files for your computer), or MP3 Disk format
    (assuming you went out and bought one of those home-stereo stand-alone
    models)--

    You'll be wanting the third option, so *your* stand-alone player'll
    recognize it when you pop it in.

    Derek Janssen
    Derek Janssen, Nov 18, 2003