DVD menu solved :)

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by michelebargeman@yahoo.com, Mar 30, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Few days ago I posted some questions about how to make a dvd menu. I
    believe I have solved the problem. The simple answer is qdvdauthor or
    dvdstyler for the menus.

    Further more I have learned that I am better off using transcode to
    make "wide screen avi" watchable into a "4:3" typical old style tv.
    This means I don't have to make any vcd.

    for example: you type following
    transcode -i smallville\ 514.avi -y ffmpeg --export_prof dvd-ntsc
    --export_asr 2 -o movie -D0 -s2 -m movie.ac3 -J modfps=clonetype=3
    --export_fps 29.97

    If you watch dvd/vcd on an old television (4:3) you are better off with

    "--export_asr 3" - otherwise stick with --export_asr 2

    All you need is :

    transcode
    mplayer
    Mjpegtools
    ffmpeg
    dvd+rw-tools
    Dvdauthor
    some hardrive space

    I know some people may think it's stupid to waste time on old
    television. It was given to me by my grandma, and I like to keep it as
    long as possible.

    Finally, I would like to thank all my fellow gentoo users for helping
    me with this stuff.

    , Mar 30, 2006