    TIA.
    --
    Anthony Spalding

    Anthony Spalding, Apr 2, 2004

  2. Anthony Spalding

    P Pron Guest

    Anthony Spalding <> wrote:
    > I have a number of mpeg-1 format video files which I'm aiming to put
    > on media so that I can play them on my DVD player. If I copy them
    > onto a DVD, as a data DVD, then I can take the DVD and play the
    > movies on my player with no problem.
    >
    > The thing is that I'd really like to put a menu on the front. My

    DVD
    > player does put up its own menu, so I can pick each file

    individually,
    > but the number of characters is limited.
    >
    > If I use a piece of software to create a DVD with a menu then it

    wants
    > to convert the files which results in them no longer fitting on one
    > disk. If I try to create a VCD then at burn-time the software tells
    > me that I need to put in a CD-ROM and not a DVD - limiting the files
    > per disk even more.
    >
    > Does anyone have any pointers for me, or is what I'm attempting not
    > possible?
    >
    > TIA.

    Author as a DVD, save to harddrive instead of burning, then run
    through DVDShrink, then burn the shrunken version??

    paul

    P Pron, Apr 3, 2004

  3. Anthony Spalding

    Non Guest

    On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 00:07:22 +0100, Anthony Spalding
    <> wrote:

    >I have a number of mpeg-1 format video files which I'm aiming to put on
    >media so that I can play them on my DVD player. If I copy them onto a
    >DVD, as a data DVD, then I can take the DVD and play the movies on my
    >player with no problem.
    >
    >The thing is that I'd really like to put a menu on the front. My DVD
    >player does put up its own menu, so I can pick each file individually,
    >but the number of characters is limited.
    >
    >If I use a piece of software to create a DVD with a menu then it wants
    >to convert the files which results in them no longer fitting on one
    >disk. If I try to create a VCD then at burn-time the software tells me
    >that I need to put in a CD-ROM and not a DVD - limiting the files per
    >disk even more.
    >
    >Does anyone have any pointers for me, or is what I'm attempting not
    >possible?
    >
    >TIA.

    Try a program called SVCD2DVDMPEG which is free I believe,

    This software will take an MPEG1 (it's designed for VCD but I think
    other mpeg1 files will work) and modify it without re-encoding and
    give you a dvd compliant mpeg. of about the same size as the source.
    You can then take that mpeg into your dvd authoring software and
    create the menu and burn the dvd.

    Non, Apr 5, 2004