    to be used. Any information about if/why the media would damage the
    drive (or not) is appreciated.
    , Apr 10, 2006

  2. "" <> wrote:

    >if I recorded a few 8X or 16X DVD's it woulf LIKELY damage the DVD
    >drive permanently. I didn't know it mattered which speed blank media
    >was used. Nothing that came with it mentioned anything about the media
    >to be used. Any information about if/why the media would damage the
    >drive (or not) is appreciated.

    The way I heard it, the problem was that some low-speed drives would not
    properly recognize high-speed media and become unresponsive while leaving
    their motors running, and if left in that state the motors could burn out.

    If you made successful burns with that media, I don't see how it could
    damage the drive.
    Kimba W. Lion, Apr 10, 2006