DVD ISO becomes corrupt

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by labortius@googlemail.com, Mar 31, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi.

    When I create an ISO, after some time it becomes corrupt. I mount it
    later in Nero ImageDrive it appears as 7GB of unformatted space. If I
    try to write it with DVDdecrypter it tells me it is corrupt.

    I know it wrote correctly, because I checked it after I ripped it
    (after having problems with the first one).

    I had a similar problem on another hard disk, which I thought was
    faulty, but it seems to be this one too.

    I has happened with about six different DVD ISOs. Some of them have
    mounted, but been corrupt and jump, some of them don't mount properly
    and show up without the UDF file system.

    I have moved the hard drive, used different power cables, changed IDE
    cables, moved it to a master, but still I have these problems.

    My two central hard drives have always been fine, it is just these two
    new Seagates.

    Can they both be messed up? With the same problems?

    Why is it just ISOs (or other big files I expect)? If I seperate into
    FAT32 sized vobs there are no problems (they were / are both NTFS).

    Have I missed something obvious?

    Any help would be much appreciated.

    Thanks,
    lab.