DVD in Camcorder into Computer?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by David, Dec 18, 2006.

  1. David

    David Guest

    Which is the best way to transfer into the editing programme.
    I can put the small DVD into the DVD tray of the computer or connect the
    camcorder to the computer with a usb cable.
    Which is the better way or is there no difference?
    (Please keep answers simple as I'm not that technical, sorry about that.)

    I've recently recorder onto 3 small DVDs in the camcorder all with the
    camcorder set at w/s. I transfered all 3 to the computer with the small
    DVDs in the compter DVD tray. When playing back the resulting normal size
    DVD pictures from the middle small DVD are perfect 16x9, but the other 2 are
    letterbox, ie people are squashed from the top and bottom.
    Can't see what I did differently.
    Thanks.

    --
    Regards,