    to the TV. Anyways.. I guess my question is, can I make it not so sensitive
    to errors or is something else causing this?
    The dvd drive in question is a Digital Research Technologies 16x/40x
    StrandgecK, Nov 2, 2003

  2. On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 15:09:53 -0500, "StrandgecK"
    <kwtindall@_!NEGSPAM!_cox.net> wrote:

    > I got a 16x IDE DVD drive and for the most part it works good, but
    >sometimes when I'm playing a DVD it will freeze at a certain point and I
    >have to end the program process and even after that the DVD drive still
    >keeps going like it's reading for a few minutes. The only exception is brand
    >new DVDs which makes me think that maybe a smudge or nick is causing it but
    >the same movies play fine on my laptop and on my regular DVD player hooked
    >to the TV. Anyways.. I guess my question is, can I make it not so sensitive
    >to errors or is something else causing this?
    >The dvd drive in question is a Digital Research Technologies 16x/40x

    If read failure causes a system crash, then the problem is the Windows
    driver. Install Adaptec Aspi 1.7, it's the most reliable CD/DVD-rom
    I/O, even for XP. Actually if you'd told us which OS you were using
    it would have helped.

    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cdr_software/cdr_tools/frcaspi.cfm
    http://aspi.radified.com/

    . Steve ..