    I have a dvd recorder with a large hard drive and cd / dvd tray.

    I assume that I can copy a dvd to my hard drive but how can I then back it
    up using the tray / drive

    Andy Mann, Jun 5, 2005

  2. Andy Mann

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Andy Mann" <tom@tom_tom.com> wrote in message
    news:ktKoe.2034$...
    >I have a dvd recorder with a large hard drive and cd / dvd tray.
    >
    > I assume that I can copy a dvd to my hard drive but how can I then back it
    > up using the tray / drive

    DVD copying software. What came with your DVD writer? Start with that. Since
    you didn't say what *kind* of information is on your DVD, it's pretty darn
    hard to guess...I can't see your disc from here.

    Toolman Tim, Jun 5, 2005

  3. Andy Mann

    Andy Mann Guest

    Its not a pc or laptop just a dvd recorder which records the TV direct or
    straight to the removable disk.
    I can record from the disk to hard drive how do I then back up the dvd from
    the hard drive to the removable disk

    Andy Mann, Jun 5, 2005
  4. Andy Mann

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Maybe you'd better post the make and model then...but it probably isn't
    possible. Most DVD systems are designed to prevent copying of digital media
    because of copyright infringement issues.

    Toolman Tim, Jun 5, 2005