    them, but some dvds are just a complete game. Ive come across Dragons Lair and
    Space Ace, among others, on dvd that can be played in almost any standard dvd
    player. Has anyone found any others?

    Frogkid20, Jan 10, 2005

  2. >Has anyone heard of many DVD games? I know lots of movies have little games
    >in
    >them, but some dvds are just a complete game. Ive come across Dragons Lair
    >and
    >Space Ace, among others, on dvd that can be played in almost any standard dvd
    >player. Has anyone found any others?

    There have been at least one released either by or under license from American
    Laser Games. I believe it's called "Mad Dog McCree," which was originally a
    LaserDisc arcade game like "Space Ace" and "Dragon's Lair" were.

    However, the game also originally was played with a light gun. Using the
    remote cursor and the enter button to aim and shoot at bad guys is tedious and
    just doesn't work very well.

    What I'd like to see is someone releasing a Bally Football arcade game on a
    modern game console that originally used a CED for FMV video fed from a
    computer controlled RCA SJT-400 SelectaVision CED player (which was a dumb
    decision IMO). - Reinhart

    LASERandDVDfan, Jan 10, 2005