    likely the media? Or the recorder? Have 6 DVD+RW's we use for
    recording off air and at this time each of them have only been used
    app. 25 times. We're using Maxell/

    E. Barry Bruyea, Jan 20, 2006

  2. E. Barry Bruyea

    gerry Guest

    The only way to find out if the media is the cause of macroblocking is
    to use another type of DVDR, either DVD+R or DVD-R. I have a Panasonic
    DVD recorder, so I am not familiar with LG. If there is a recording
    speed control, set it to a maximum of SP (2 Hour speed).
    Maxell's are supposed to be good DVDR blanks, although I prefer Taiyo
    Yuden myself (TY doeesn't make DVD+RWs, as far as I know).
    My first suggestion would be to try out a DVD-R disc.

    gerry, Jan 20, 2006

  3. On 20 Jan 2006 07:29:39 -0800, "gerry" <> wrote:

    >The only way to find out if the media is the cause of macroblocking is
    >to use another type of DVDR, either DVD+R or DVD-R. I have a Panasonic
    >DVD recorder, so I am not familiar with LG. If there is a recording
    >speed control, set it to a maximum of SP (2 Hour speed).
    >Maxell's are supposed to be good DVDR blanks, although I prefer Taiyo
    >Yuden myself (TY doeesn't make DVD+RWs, as far as I know).
    >My first suggestion would be to try out a DVD-R disc.

    I've tried my existing media at all speeds, but yesterday I picked up
    some new ones (Sony) and will try those. As to DVD-r, not likely,
    recording one TV program and throwing out the disk after viewing seems
    a little wasteful.

    E. Barry Bruyea, Jan 22, 2006