    A friend of mine received a UK DVD Movie here in the USA from a
    questionable source. It won't play and I am wondering how to verify
    there's any data on it.

    DVDGuy, Sep 28, 2004

  2. DVDGuy

    Dan Evans Guest

    "DVDGuy" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Are there any differences in the format of DVD's between the UK and
    > the USA? Not PAL vs. NTSC but UDF ISO9660. Something that would not
    > allow me to see data/files using Windows Explorer?
    >
    > A friend of mine received a UK DVD Movie here in the USA from a
    > questionable source. It won't play and I am wondering how to verify
    > there's any data on it.

    Regional coding?

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Sep 28, 2004

  3. DVDGuy

    Jerry G. Guest

    The original information on the DVD has regional coding in it. You will
    need a way to read it without the regional code being active.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ======

    Jerry G., Sep 28, 2004
  4. DVDGuy

    DVDGuy Guest

    On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 11:55:38 +0200, "Dan Evans"
    <> wrote:

    >"DVDGuy" <> wrote in message
    >> Are there any differences in the format of DVD's between the UK and
    >> the USA? Not PAL vs. NTSC but UDF ISO9660. Something that would not
    >> allow me to see data/files using Windows Explorer?
    >>
    >> A friend of mine received a UK DVD Movie here in the USA from a
    >> questionable source. It won't play and I am wondering how to verify
    >> there's any data on it.

    >Regional coding?
    >
    >Dan

    >-=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=-

    Dan, I thought of that. However I still should be able to see the
    files with Windows Explorer. The DVD itself is suppose to be region
    free.

    DVDGuy, Sep 28, 2004
  5. DVDGuy

    Dan Evans Guest

    "DVDGuy" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 11:55:38 +0200, "Dan Evans"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > >"DVDGuy" <> wrote in message

    > >> A friend of mine received a UK DVD Movie here in the USA from a
    > >> questionable source. It won't play and I am wondering how to verify
    > >> there's any data on it.

    > >Regional coding?

    > Dan, I thought of that. However I still should be able to see the
    > files with Windows Explorer. The DVD itself is suppose to be region
    > free.

    Hmm, OK. What do you see when you put the disc in a different drive?

    DAn

    Dan Evans, Sep 28, 2004
  6. DVDGuy

    Timberwolf Guest

    "DVDGuy" <> wrote in message
    > Are there any differences in the format of DVD's between the UK and
    > the USA? Not PAL vs. NTSC but UDF ISO9660. Something that would not
    > allow me to see data/files using Windows Explorer?
    >
    > A friend of mine received a UK DVD Movie here in the USA from a
    > questionable source. It won't play and I am wondering how to verify
    > there's any data on it.

    do a google for
    dvdgenie this will resolve your grief

    Timberwolf, Sep 28, 2004
  7. DVDGuy

    Timberwolf Guest

    "Timberwolf" <> wrote in message

    > "DVDGuy" <> wrote in message
    >> Are there any differences in the format of DVD's between the UK and
    >> the USA? Not PAL vs. NTSC but UDF ISO9660. Something that would not
    >> allow me to see data/files using Windows Explorer?
    >>
    >> A friend of mine received a UK DVD Movie here in the USA from a
    >> questionable source. It won't play and I am wondering how to verify
    >> there's any data on it.
    >>

    > do a google for
    > dvdgenie this will resolve your grief

    it is freeware so i feel i can post this link here
    http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/showcategory.php?cid=14&scid=14

    Timberwolf, Sep 28, 2004
  8. DVDGuy

    DVDGuy Guest

    On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 18:20:10 +0200, "Dan Evans"
    <> wrote:

    >"DVDGuy" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 11:55:38 +0200, "Dan Evans"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >> >"DVDGuy" <> wrote in message

    >> >Regional coding?

    >> Dan, I thought of that. However I still should be able to see the
    >> files with Windows Explorer. The DVD itself is suppose to be region
    >> free.

    >Hmm, OK. What do you see when you put the disc in a different drive?
    >
    >DAn

    >-=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=-

    Zippo, nothing, hada. Im my computer the drive just thrashes back and
    forth. In another system, it is blank.

    DVDGuy, Sep 28, 2004
  9. DVDGuy

    DVDGuy Guest

    On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 19:22:47 GMT, "Timberwolf"
    <> wrote:

    >"DVDGuy" <> wrote in message
    >> Are there any differences in the format of DVD's between the UK and
    >> the USA? Not PAL vs. NTSC but UDF ISO9660. Something that would not
    >> allow me to see data/files using Windows Explorer?
    >>
    >> A friend of mine received a UK DVD Movie here in the USA from a
    >> questionable source. It won't play and I am wondering how to verify
    >> there's any data on it.
    >>

    >do a google for
    >dvdgenie this will resolve your grief

    Thank you. I will give it a try and let you know

    DVDGuy, Sep 28, 2004
  10. DVDGuy

    Dan Evans Guest

    "DVDGuy" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 18:20:10 +0200, "Dan Evans"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > >"DVDGuy" <> wrote in message

    > >> Dan, I thought of that. However I still should be able to see the
    > >> files with Windows Explorer. The DVD itself is suppose to be region
    > >> free.

    > >Hmm, OK. What do you see when you put the disc in a different drive?

    > Zippo, nothing, hada. Im my computer the drive just thrashes back and
    > forth. In another system, it is blank.

    50 bucks and my right nut say that if the disc is unreadable in 2 different
    machines, the questionable source has proved itself.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Sep 29, 2004