    one that ran around 60Gb - not BluRay. Examining the files indicated
    a lot of apparently duplicate files on the disc. Anyone know why some
    discs are so large?

    Richard Cranium, Apr 9, 2009

  2. On Thu, 09 Apr 2009 03:27:32 GMT, (Richard Cranium)
    wrote:

    >Most DVD movies seem to be about 6 - 8Gb in size. Recently, I noticed
    >one that ran around 60Gb - not BluRay. Examining the files indicated
    >a lot of apparently duplicate files on the disc. Anyone know why some
    >discs are so large?

    Different soundtracks. Still won't make it that big, even on BD.

    If it is 60GB, it doesn't fit on a single disc. If you saw a 60GB
    torrent reference (likely), it was for a COLLECTION of discs.

    Archimedes' Lever, Apr 9, 2009

  3. On Thu, 09 Apr 2009 00:49:33 -0700, Archimedes' Lever
    <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 09 Apr 2009 03:27:32 GMT, (Richard Cranium)
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Most DVD movies seem to be about 6 - 8Gb in size. Recently, I noticed
    >>one that ran around 60Gb - not BluRay. Examining the files indicated
    >>a lot of apparently duplicate files on the disc. Anyone know why some
    >>discs are so large?

    > Different soundtracks. Still won't make it that big, even on BD.
    >
    > If it is 60GB, it doesn't fit on a single disc. If you saw a 60GB
    >torrent reference (likely), it was for a COLLECTION of discs.

    I thought 60Gb was strange for one disc, but that was what Windows
    Explorer reported. Most DVDs have a few VTS files that run about 1Gb
    each. This disc had a VTS file in 4 or 5 segments totaling over 4Gb
    that seemed to be repeated 17 times (i.e., VTS_01_0, VTS_01_1,
    VTS_01_2, VTS_01_3, then the same series for VTS_02_ through VTS_17_).
    I may be a bit off because that's strictly from memory. Unfortunately
    I already mailed the DVD back to Netflix. The disc title is "Doubt".
    I have seen this sort of thing before and thought it might be related
    to some form of anti-copying effort. Certainly the movie doesn't
    require so many VTS files.

    Richard Cranium, Apr 9, 2009
  4. Richard Cranium

    lugnut Guest

    On Thu, 09 Apr 2009 09:47:38 GMT, (Richard Cranium)
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 09 Apr 2009 00:49:33 -0700, Archimedes' Lever
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Thu, 09 Apr 2009 03:27:32 GMT, (Richard Cranium)
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>>Most DVD movies seem to be about 6 - 8Gb in size. Recently, I noticed
    >>>one that ran around 60Gb - not BluRay. Examining the files indicated
    >>>a lot of apparently duplicate files on the disc. Anyone know why some
    >>>discs are so large?

    >> Different soundtracks. Still won't make it that big, even on BD.
    >>
    >> If it is 60GB, it doesn't fit on a single disc. If you saw a 60GB
    >>torrent reference (likely), it was for a COLLECTION of discs.

    >I thought 60Gb was strange for one disc, but that was what Windows
    >Explorer reported. Most DVDs have a few VTS files that run about 1Gb
    >each. This disc had a VTS file in 4 or 5 segments totaling over 4Gb
    >that seemed to be repeated 17 times (i.e., VTS_01_0, VTS_01_1,
    >VTS_01_2, VTS_01_3, then the same series for VTS_02_ through VTS_17_).
    >I may be a bit off because that's strictly from memory. Unfortunately
    >I already mailed the DVD back to Netflix. The disc title is "Doubt".
    >I have seen this sort of thing before and thought it might be related
    >to some form of anti-copying effort. Certainly the movie doesn't
    >require so many VTS files.

    I imagine it is some sort of copy-protection. For one, the DVD
    couldn't hold 60gb if it wanted to. I forget which movie it was, but
    I recently came across another title that reported a ridiculous size
    in Windows Explorer as well. Nothin' DVDFab can't handle, though.

    -lugnut

    lugnut, Apr 9, 2009
  5. On Thu, 9 Apr 2009 08:26:21 -0700, "The Mighty T.B."
    <> wrote:

    >"lugnut" wrote:
    >
    >(snip)
    >
    >> I imagine it is some sort of copy-protection. For one, the DVD
    >> couldn't hold 60gb if it wanted to. I forget which movie it was, but
    >> I recently came across another title that reported a ridiculous size
    >> in Windows Explorer as well. Nothin' DVDFab can't handle, though.

    >That's exactly what it is. This sort of copy protection creates false
    >"unreadable sectors" making it tough for most dvd copy programs to dupe the
    >disc. A dual layer dvd's limit is 9GB. Even a dual layer double sided dvd
    >is only going to hold 18GB and those aren't very common. Even blu-ray discs
    >currently can't store more than 50GB on a dual layer disc.
    >
    >T.B.

    Would DVDFab simply ignore these sectors? Obviously, Windows Explorer
    is reporting a filesize that is not at all accurate. It seems that
    playing the disc couldn't include actually accessing these extraneous
    files or copying the disc would be no problem. Also, lugnut did say
    (above) that DVDFab handles this issue.

    Richard Cranium, Apr 9, 2009
  6. On Thu, 09 Apr 2009 09:47:38 GMT, (Richard Cranium)
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 09 Apr 2009 00:49:33 -0700, Archimedes' Lever
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Thu, 09 Apr 2009 03:27:32 GMT, (Richard Cranium)
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>>Most DVD movies seem to be about 6 - 8Gb in size. Recently, I noticed
    >>>one that ran around 60Gb - not BluRay. Examining the files indicated
    >>>a lot of apparently duplicate files on the disc. Anyone know why some
    >>>discs are so large?

    >> Different soundtracks. Still won't make it that big, even on BD.
    >>
    >> If it is 60GB, it doesn't fit on a single disc. If you saw a 60GB
    >>torrent reference (likely), it was for a COLLECTION of discs.

    >I thought 60Gb was strange for one disc, but that was what Windows
    >Explorer reported. Most DVDs have a few VTS files that run about 1Gb
    >each. This disc had a VTS file in 4 or 5 segments totaling over 4Gb
    >that seemed to be repeated 17 times (i.e., VTS_01_0, VTS_01_1,
    >VTS_01_2, VTS_01_3, then the same series for VTS_02_ through VTS_17_).
    >I may be a bit off because that's strictly from memory. Unfortunately
    >I already mailed the DVD back to Netflix. The disc title is "Doubt".
    >I have seen this sort of thing before and thought it might be related
    >to some form of anti-copying effort. Certainly the movie doesn't
    >require so many VTS files.

    A DVD ONLY holds about 9GB. That is a commercially made film disc, which
    are typically two layers.

    If your PC reported 60GB, then your PC or your OS' capacity to view
    that optical medium's file system has issues.

    Archimedes' Lever, Apr 9, 2009
  7. On Thu, 9 Apr 2009 08:33:29 -0700, "The Mighty T.B."
    <> wrote:

    >"Archimedes' Lever" farted:
    >
    >>>Most DVD movies seem to be about 6 - 8Gb in size. Recently, I noticed
    >>>one that ran around 60Gb - not BluRay. Examining the files indicated
    >>>a lot of apparently duplicate files on the disc. Anyone know why some
    >>>discs are so large?

    >> Different soundtracks. Still won't make it that big, even on BD.
    >>
    >> If it is 60GB, it doesn't fit on a single disc. If you saw a 60GB
    >> torrent reference (likely), it was for a COLLECTION of discs.

    >You don't know what you're talking about. "Different soundtracks" wouldn't
    >be exactly the same file size even if they were say, DD 5.1 in both English
    >and French languages. And more often than not, multiple soundtracks on a
    >dvd are usually a DTS or DD 5.1 tracks, and several lesser quality Dolby
    >Surround tracks for foreign languages or even stereo commentary tracks.
    >
    >Stick to plugging toys, kid.
    >
    >T.B.

    You're an idiot. You base your retarded contention that I do not know
    anything about it based on one response. Typical stupidity on your part,
    and I'll bet that it has been a problem with you throughout all your
    pathetic, presumptuous life.

    That is why you could never be a leader. You are too goddamned retarded
    going around making your retarded assumptions about others. You are
    truly pathetic.

    Archimedes' Lever, Apr 9, 2009
  8. On Thu, 9 Apr 2009 12:30:53 -0700, "The Mighty T.B."
    <> wrote:

    >"Archimedes' Lever" queefed:
    >
    >> A DVD ONLY holds about 9GB. That is a commercially made film disc, which
    >> are typically two layers.

    >Thank you, Captain Redundant.

    Said the retard that thinks I read his retarded response before I made
    my response. You are a true, mighty idiot. That's a mighty sad fact.

    >> If your PC reported 60GB, then your PC or your OS' capacity to view
    >> that optical medium's file system has issues.

    >I thought it was due to "different soundtracks." Now it's "issues with the
    >PC or your OS' capacity to view that optical medium's file system?!?"
    >
    >Really, you have no idea what you're talking about. What's next, you gonna
    >blame sunspots and Bill Gates?

    I know all about protection schemes being used, you stupid little
    bastard.

    I work in media encryption, which is only about 5 orders of magnitude
    more advanced than your pathetic piracy experiences, fucktard.

    Archimedes' Lever, Apr 9, 2009
  9. On Thu, 9 Apr 2009 16:23:01 -0700, "The Mighty T.B."
    <> wrote:

    >My bitch

    No one wants to hear your bitching.

    Grow up. Do it somewhere else.

    Archimedes' Lever, Apr 10, 2009
  10. On Thu, 9 Apr 2009 16:23:01 -0700, "The Mighty T.B."
    <> wrote:

    >> I work in media encryption, which is only about 5 orders of magnitude
    >> more advanced than your pathetic piracy experiences, fucktard.

    >Sure you do. Sitting on your ass 24/7 in front of your pc in mommy's
    >basement is about "5 orders of magnitude" worth of horseshit, kid.

    This place is mine. I live 3000 miles away from where my parents are
    buried. One of my loose skin flakes knows more about media encryption
    than a total retard like you does.

    >Speaking of "piracy," got any new rants about downloading and bootlegging
    >movies?

    Bootlegging is a term that refers to sales of materials that are owned
    by someone else.

    Show me where I ever said that I sold anything I downloaded or created
    to anyone.

    You can keep your goddamned retarded lies to yourself, you stupid
    little bastard.

    > That was classic.

    It would be classic if I eradicated you and your entire bloodline.

    Me pulling an AVI of a DVD I own is not pirating OR bootlegging you
    retarded lying little bitch.

    Archimedes' Lever, Apr 10, 2009
  11. Re: "Archimedes' Lever" aka Usenet Punching Bag

    On Fri, 10 Apr 2009 09:06:36 -0700, "The Mighty T.B."
    <> Blathered yet more pussy boy horseshit with:

    >Hee heee hee. I think I caught me a wide mouthed bass.

    Bitches don't fish worth a shit. You caught nothing, ****.

    The fact that you actually author new, entirely off topic, retarded baby
    bullshit posts proves just how little you deserve to be a part of the
    human race.

    You should come by for an appointment so I can be sure that you get to
    the place you deserve so much to be in. Be sure to bring your immediate
    family, and the addresses and names of your other family members.

    Archimedes' Lever, Apr 10, 2009
  12. Re: "Archimedes' Lever" aka Usenet Punching Bag

    On Fri, 10 Apr 2009 11:26:29 -0700, "The Mighty T.B."
    <> wrote:

    >My Bitch "Archimedes' Lever" queefed:
    >
    >>>Hee heee hee. I think I caught me a wide mouthed bass.

    >> Bitches don't fish worth a shit. You caught nothing, ****.

    >So you're nothing?
    >
    >> The fact that you actually author new, entirely off topic, retarded baby
    >> bullshit posts proves just how little you deserve to be a part of the
    >> human race.

    >Boo hoo.
    >
    >> You should come by for an appointment so I can be sure that you get to
    >> the place you deserve so much to be in. Be sure to bring your immediate
    >> family, and the addresses and names of your other family members.

    >Let's have an address, internet tough guy. Like I said repeatedly, you know
    >where to find me. You need me to provide bus fare as well?
    >
    >T.B.

    Only the fare required to bus your corpse down into Mexico.

    Archimedes' Lever, Apr 11, 2009
  13. Richard Cranium

    Drumrboy Guest

    Re: "Archimedes' Lever" aka Usenet Punching Bag

    On 2009-04-10 14:26:29 -0400, "The Mighty T.B."
    <> said:

    > My Bitch "Archimedes' Lever" queefed:
    >
    >>> Hee heee hee. I think I caught me a wide mouthed bass.

    >> Bitches don't fish worth a shit. You caught nothing, ****.

    > So you're nothing?
    >
    >> The fact that you actually author new, entirely off topic, retarded baby
    >> bullshit posts proves just how little you deserve to be a part of the
    >> human race.

    > Boo hoo.
    >
    >> You should come by for an appointment so I can be sure that you get to
    >> the place you deserve so much to be in. Be sure to bring your immediate
    >> family, and the addresses and names of your other family members.

    > Let's have an address, internet tough guy. Like I said repeatedly, you
    > know where to find me. You need me to provide bus fare as well?

    Why don't you introduce this tough guy to Jebus/Boo Radley? They can
    have a slap fight to see who's the toughest retard on Usenet.

    Or they can just suck each others dick, since all they ever do is troll
    for guys addresses.....

    Drumrboy, Apr 11, 2009
  14. Re: "Archimedes' Lever" aka Usenet Punching Bag

    On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 14:27:31 -0400, Drumrboy <> wrote:

    >Or they can just suck each others dick, since all they ever do is troll
    >for guys addresses.....

    Yet another immature, retarded, Usenet dumbfuck that has no clue that he
    just exposes his mental age as being that of a 13 year old, pants down
    past the asscrack punk.

    You are proof that numerical age does not a man make.

    Oh, and Howard <sic> did kill Anna.

    Bwuahahahahahaha!

    Archimedes' Lever, Apr 11, 2009
  15. Re: "Archimedes' Lever" aka Usenet Punching Bag

    On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 13:19:44 -0700, "The Mighty T.B."
    <> wrote:

    >You know, the PSP is just a toy, right? Why do you still play with a toy?

    Again, you total fucking retard... I do not play with it, AND it is NOT
    a toy as far as that goes.

    You can attempt to bolster your position all you want, but it doesn't
    change the fact that you got that one wrong when you first uttered it,
    and you have been pissing and moaning about it ever since.

    Your brain is a toy. Why do you still play with a toy?

    Maybe the same reason that I still play with the toy that your brain
    is.

    See ya, toy brain boy.

    Bwuahahaha!

    Archimedes' Lever, Apr 11, 2009
  16. Re: "Archimedes' Lever" aka Usenet Punching Bag

    <> wrote:

    >> Oh, and Howard <sic> did kill Anna.

    >Oboy. Now you're really confused.
    >
    >> Bwuahahahahahaha!

    No, idiot. You are, since you obviously have no clue what <sic> means.

    Archimedes' Lever, Apr 11, 2009
  17. Re: "Archimedes' Lever" aka Usenet Punching Bag

    On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 15:54:20 -0700, "The Mighty T.B."
    <> wrote:

    >My Bitch "Archimedes' Lever" whined:

    >>>Oboy. Now you're really confused.

    >> No, idiot. You are, since you obviously have no clue what <sic> means.

    >Who is "Howard," genius?
    >
    >T.B.

    Just like I said, you are such a little gang boy, monkey mama educated
    punk **** retard that you have no clue what "<sic>" means.

    Maybe you should get some help with that.

    Archimedes' Lever, Apr 12, 2009
  18. Re: "Archimedes' Lever" aka Usenet Punching Bag

    On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 15:57:07 -0700, "The Mighty T.B."
    <> wrote:

    >My Bitch "Archimedes' Lever" sniveled:
    >
    >>>You know, the PSP is just a toy, right? Why do you still play with a toy?

    >> Again, you total fucking retard... I do not play with it, AND it is NOT
    >> a toy as far as that goes.

    >I bet you got yours at Toys R Us, right? Be honest.
    >
    >T.B.

    Fry's, fucktard. Wrong again, boy. I wouldn't expect you to know
    about a place that sell test instruments and computers and such though.

    After all, you're a monkey mama raised, gang boy dumbfuck, that wears
    his pants down past his asscrack, that I could beat down with a single
    stroke.

    Got any more questions you want to akz me, boy?

    Bwuahahahahaha! Mighty indeed.. mighty fucking transparent!

    Archimedes' Lever, Apr 12, 2009
  19. Richard Cranium

    Drumrboy Guest

    Re: "Archimedes' Lever" aka Usenet Punching Bag

    On Apr 11, 3:30 pm, Archimedes' Lever <>
    wrote:

    >   Oh, and Howard <sic> did kill Anna.

    LOL. You don't know what "sic" means, do you tough guy?

    Drumrboy, Apr 12, 2009
  20. Richard Cranium

    Drumrboy Guest

    Re: "Archimedes' Lever" aka Usenet Punching Bag

    On Apr 11, 4:19 pm, "The Mighty T.B." <>
    wrote:
    > "Archimedes' Lever" cum burped:
    >
    > > On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 14:27:31 -0400, Drumrboy <> wrote:

    > >>Or they can just suck each others dick, since all they ever do is troll
    > >>for guys addresses.....

    > > Yet another immature, retarded, Usenet dumbfuck that has no clue that he
    > > just exposes his mental age as being that of a 13 year old, pants down
    > > past the asscrack punk.

    > You know, the PSP is just a toy, right?  Why do you still play with a toy?
    >
    > >  You are proof that numerical age does not a man make.

    > Whoa, wisdom from the mouth of Yoda.
    >
    > >  Oh, and Howard <sic> did kill Anna.

    > Oboy. Now you're really confused.
    >
    > >  Bwuahahahahahaha!

    > Oh yeah, this is gonna be funny.

    Where did you find this knuckle dragger?

    Drumrboy, Apr 12, 2009