    that the only choice is 'Quick Erase'. Is there a particular reason
    why 'Full Erase' is not available? Do other programs do the same
    thing?

    E. Barry Bruyea, Jan 4, 2005

  2. E. Barry Bruyea

    Paul Guest

    E. Barry Bruyea <it'> wrote:
    > I'm using Roxio 6 and I'm wondering why when you go to erase a DVD-RW,
    > that the only choice is 'Quick Erase'. Is there a particular reason
    > why 'Full Erase' is not available? Do other programs do the same
    > thing?

    Just a guess but I believe it does give you that option when you first use
    your re-writables. Full erase is like doing a low level format and the
    quick erase just wipes out the map to the data which is all that's really
    required once it's been formatted.

    - Paul

    Paul, Jan 7, 2005

  3. On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 10:56:25 GMT, Paul <> wrote:

    >E. Barry Bruyea <it'> wrote:
    >> I'm using Roxio 6 and I'm wondering why when you go to erase a DVD-RW,
    >> that the only choice is 'Quick Erase'. Is there a particular reason
    >> why 'Full Erase' is not available? Do other programs do the same
    >> thing?

    >Just a guess but I believe it does give you that option when you first use
    >your re-writables. Full erase is like doing a low level format and the
    >quick erase just wipes out the map to the data which is all that's really
    >required once it's been formatted.
    >
    > - Paul

    With CD's, both options are available; Why would DVD's be different?

    E. Barry Bruyea, Jan 7, 2005
  4. E. Barry Bruyea

    Paul Guest

    E. Barry Bruyea <it'> wrote:
    > On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 10:56:25 GMT, Paul <> wrote:

    >>E. Barry Bruyea <it'> wrote:
    >>> I'm using Roxio 6 and I'm wondering why when you go to erase a DVD-RW,
    >>> that the only choice is 'Quick Erase'. Is there a particular reason
    >>> why 'Full Erase' is not available? Do other programs do the same
    >>> thing?

    >>Just a guess but I believe it does give you that option when you first use
    >>your re-writables. Full erase is like doing a low level format and the
    >>quick erase just wipes out the map to the data which is all that's really
    >>required once it's been formatted.
    >>
    >> - Paul

    > With CD's, both options are available; Why would DVD's be different?

    Again, just a guess but a full format of a DVD re-wriable can take a LONG
    time and once you start, there's no backing out of it. My hardware is
    rated slow for DVD-RWs and I remember something like 20-30 minutes for a
    full format vs. a quick format being 2 minutes. Much more extreme than
    with a CD.

    - Paul

    Paul, Jan 8, 2005