    like commercial discs, allow you to play them but not record them.

    Thanks.

    DAVO
    DAvid, Sep 8, 2008

  2. DAvid

    sandy58 Guest

    On Sep 8, 2:40 am, "DAvid" <> wrote:
    > Hello all. First let me say I'm aware any encrypted DVD can be decrypted. I
    > am after a programme that will allow me to encrypt my DVD's that I produce.
    > Some will be copied I know but some won't either. Is there a programme out
    > there anyone can recommend and I don't mind paying if need be thayt will
    > like commercial discs, allow you to play them but not record them.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > DAVO

    DVD-Decrypter
    http://dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-DVD-Decrypter.htm
    DVD Shrink
    http://www.dvdshrink.org/
    Both free.
    sandy58, Sep 11, 2008

  3. DAvid

    bassett Guest

    "sandy58" <> wrote in message
    On Sep 8, 2:40 am, "DAvid" <> wrote:
    > Hello all. First let me say I'm aware any encrypted DVD can be decrypted.
    > am after a programme that will allow me to encrypt my DVD's that I
    > produce.
    > Some will be copied I know but some won't either. Is there a programme out
    > there anyone can recommend and I don't mind paying if need be thayt will
    > like commercial discs, allow you to play them but not record them.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > DAVO

    Load DVD 43, then forget about it. You will have a small "smiley yellow
    face on your task bar, When it locates an encryption it changes to green,
    Works automatically

    bassett
    bassett, Sep 11, 2008
  4. DAvid

    Uwe Kotyczka Guest

    I guess you're missing the point.
    The OP wants to _encrypt_ a DVD,
    not _decrypt_ it.
    Uwe Kotyczka, Sep 11, 2008
  5. DAvid

    sandy58 Guest

    On Sep 11, 9:26 am, Uwe Kotyczka <> wrote:
    > I guess you're missing the point.
    > The OP wants to _encrypt_ a DVD,
    > not _decrypt_ it.

    OOPS! My bad :-(
    sandy58, Sep 11, 2008
  6. DAvid

    sandy58 Guest

    On Sep 11, 7:45 am, "bassett" <> wrote:
    > "sandy58" <> wrote in message

    > On Sep 8, 2:40 am, "DAvid" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hello all. First let me say I'm aware any encrypted DVD can be decrypted.
    > > am after a programme that will allow me to encrypt my DVD's that I
    > > produce.
    > > Some will be copied I know but some won't either. Is there a programme out
    > > there anyone can recommend and I don't mind paying if need be thayt will
    > > like commercial discs, allow you to play them but not record them.

    > > Thanks.

    > > DAVO

    > Load  DVD 43,  then forget about it.  You will have a small  "smiley yellow
    > face on your task bar,  When it locates an encryption it changes to green,
    > Works automatically
    >
    >                                                                            bassett

    We missed the point but thanks for a good tip, Basset. I found DVD
    43. :)
    sandy58, Sep 11, 2008
  7. DAvid

    bassett Guest

    "sandy58" <> wrote in message
    On Sep 11, 7:45 am, "bassett" <> wrote:
    > "sandy58" <> wrote in message

    > On Sep 8, 2:40 am, "DAvid" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hello all. First let me say I'm aware any encrypted DVD can be
    > > decrypted.
    > > am after a programme that will allow me to encrypt my DVD's that I
    > > produce.
    > > Some will be copied I know but some won't either. Is there a programme
    > > out
    > > there anyone can recommend and I don't mind paying if need be thayt will
    > > like commercial discs, allow you to play them but not record them.

    > > Thanks.

    > > DAVO

    > Load DVD 43, then forget about it. You will have a small "smiley yellow
    > face on your task bar, When it locates an encryption it changes to green,
    > Works automatically
    >
    > bassett

    We missed the point but thanks for a good tip, Basset. I found DVD
    43. :)

    Yes like everyone else I also read it Arse-up.
    Which begs the question, Why would anyone want to add encryption

    bassett
    bassett, Sep 12, 2008
  8. DAvid

    Charlie+ Guest

    On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 01:40:01 GMT, "DAvid" <> wrote as
    underneath my scribble :

    AFAIA there is no encryptor software that is affordable, commercial CSS etc
    is very expensive for low volume use. There is a prog (CopyKiller v?4 I
    think -cant remember!) that will physically stop a copy being made but I
    dont think it actually encrypts the content a la css and other more modern
    mainly Sony (honk!) interference systems. No idea how reliable CopyKiller
    is... let us know if it works - be interesting to know!!
    Charlie+

    Charlie+, Sep 12, 2008