    drive and the file sizes were correct, but they got an error when
    trying to burn.

    Thanks.
    Jay, Jun 18, 2004

  2. On 18 Jun 2004 06:13:20 -0700, (Jay) wrote:

    >I have a home authored DVD-R which I tried to have 2 companies
    >duplicate (around 40-50 copies). Both companies say their stand-alone
    >duplication machine gives an error. They have no other advice. I
    >burned several different formats (ISO, UDF, and ISU/UDF) for them to
    >try using Nero. They cannot duplicate any of these.
    >
    >Is there anything else I can do to make my DVD-Rs be more compatible
    >with their duplication machines? The discs work fine in all the DVD
    >players I have tried. Do some burning tools work better than Nero?
    >
    >I used Adobie Encore as the Authoring tool.
    >
    >One company said the files copied to the duplication machines hard
    >drive and the file sizes were correct, but they got an error when
    >trying to burn.
    >
    >Thanks.

    Nero frequently fails to make a good copy of a DVD for me. Use
    DVDdecrypter. "Read ISO" to copy then "Write Iso" to burn just to
    check. DVD decrypter seems to be able to copy DVD recorder recorded
    discs and home-authored DVDs when nothing else will. (including Clone
    DVD, if anyone mentuons that) Occasionally, if the master disc has an
    error, you would have to copy files in DVDdecypter instead, then burn
    with Nero. DVDdecypter is not just for rippimg commercial discs.

    . Steve .
    Steve(JazzHunter), Jun 18, 2004

  3. Jay

    Jay Guest

    Thanks for the info Steve.

    My post may not have been clear. The DVD files (VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS)
    are currently on my hard drive. I am trying to burn these files to a
    DVD-R to take to a duplication company to make 50 copies.

    I cannot seem to create a DVD-R from the files on my hard drive the
    duplication companies can read. The disc works in all my players.

    Can DVDdecryptor create DVDs from VIDEO_TS/AUDIO_TS files on my hard
    drive?

    -Or-

    Did you mean I should use DVDdecryptor to "Read ISO" from my "bad"
    nero created disc. Then "Write Iso" to another disc?

    Thanks

    Jay, Jun 18, 2004
  4. On 18 Jun 2004 11:41:44 -0700, (Jay) wrote:

    >Thanks for the info Steve.
    >
    >My post may not have been clear. The DVD files (VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS)
    >are currently on my hard drive. I am trying to burn these files to a
    >DVD-R to take to a duplication company to make 50 copies.
    >
    >I cannot seem to create a DVD-R from the files on my hard drive the
    >duplication companies can read. The disc works in all my players.
    >
    >Can DVDdecryptor create DVDs from VIDEO_TS/AUDIO_TS files on my hard
    >drive?

    No, DVDdecypter is only a copying tool.

    >-Or-
    >
    >Did you mean I should use DVDdecryptor to "Read ISO" from my "bad"
    >nero created disc. Then "Write Iso" to another disc?

    Well, try that, then use the result as the master. But I suspect that
    there is something non-standard about the authoring of the DVD.
    Traditionally duplication houses prefer a tape of the image, but are
    now accepting direct copies. The discs of weddings and corporate
    presentations I have made in DVDmaestro then DVDlab have always been
    accepted as glass masters at the place I use, a subsidiary of Cinram.
    Even a small local DVDr stamper works well with the created
    DVDlab-created DVDrs. So I couldn't tell you the specific problem with
    your master, sorry. Make certain that Video_TS and Audio_TS are both
    the immediate subdirectories of the root and that there are no other
    directories on the disc. A hardware player can sometimes read a disc
    with a nested video_ts directory whereas a PC player can't, but this
    is a non-standard disc. Presumably the disc has an .ifo and .bup.

    .. Steve .

    Steve(JazzHunter), Jun 19, 2004
  5. Jay

    Krazy Kanuck Guest

    " The discs of weddings and corporate
    > presentations I have made in DVDmaestro then DVDlab have always been
    > accepted as glass masters at the place I use, a subsidiary of Cinram.

    ....sorry to butt in here but I'm curious to your experiences with getting a
    glass master done....I was told that it was very expensive to get a master
    DVD made....around the $1000 mark so it wouldn't be feasable for small
    runs....I've been doing copys of around 50 and have to burn them myself onto
    a DVD-R disc which I then have to explain, that it's quite fragile and will
    play only on most newer players etc.
    Has the price dropped significantly or something?
    Len
    Krazy Kanuck, Jun 19, 2004
  6. On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 20:48:23 -0600, "Krazy Kanuck"
    <> wrote:

    >" The discs of weddings and corporate
    >> presentations I have made in DVDmaestro then DVDlab have always been
    >> accepted as glass masters at the place I use, a subsidiary of Cinram.

    >...sorry to butt in here but I'm curious to your experiences with getting a
    >glass master done....I was told that it was very expensive to get a master
    >DVD made....around the $1000 mark so it wouldn't be feasable for small
    >runs....I've been doing copys of around 50 and have to burn them myself onto
    >a DVD-R disc which I then have to explain, that it's quite fragile and will
    >play only on most newer players etc.
    >Has the price dropped significantly or something?
    >Len

    Just slang, I said "Accepted AS Glass Masters,"in other words, instead
    of a glass master the dvdr is acceptable.

    Steve .
    Steve(JazzHunter), Jun 19, 2004
  7. Jay

    Jack Perry Guest

    I suspect it could be either the DVD-R media or the Burner you're using. Are
    they brand name or generic.
    There's a world of incompatibility among the different combos. Pioneer AO
    series burners are pretty compatible,
    Lite-On Drives have issues

    Is your burner running the latest internal software
    (can't remember the term) or using the latest drivers?
    Jack Perry, Jun 19, 2004
  8. Jay

    Jay Guest

    Can you please elaborate on a few points in your post. Please recall:
    my problem is the duplication machines give an error and they never
    actually get to the point of burning a disc. See my in-line questions
    below...

    > Well, try that, then use the result as the master. But I suspect that
    > there is something non-standard about the authoring of the DVD.

    By "the authoring of the DVD", do you mean the activities (menus, etc)
    I created using Adobe Encore?

    > Make certain that Video_TS and Audio_TS are both
    > the immediate subdirectories of the root and that there are no other
    > directories on the disc. A hardware player can sometimes read a disc

    They are. But, do the duplication machines actually look for the
    video_TS and audio_TS directories or are they just performing a blind
    copy of the data on the disc?

    It seems if they do just a blind copy of the data, the authoring and
    the directory structure should not matter, as the machines will just
    duplicate what they are given.

    Thanks again.
    Jay, Jun 20, 2004
  9. On 19 Jun 2004 16:27:05 -0700, (Jay) wrote:

    >Can you please elaborate on a few points in your post. Please recall:
    >my problem is the duplication machines give an error and they never
    >actually get to the point of burning a disc. See my in-line questions
    >below...
    >
    >> Well, try that, then use the result as the master. But I suspect that
    >> there is something non-standard about the authoring of the DVD.

    >By "the authoring of the DVD", do you mean the activities (menus, etc)
    >I created using Adobe Encore?
    >
    >> Make certain that Video_TS and Audio_TS are both
    >> the immediate subdirectories of the root and that there are no other
    >> directories on the disc. A hardware player can sometimes read a disc

    >They are. But, do the duplication machines actually look for the
    >video_TS and audio_TS directories or are they just performing a blind
    >copy of the data on the disc?
    >
    >It seems if they do just a blind copy of the data, the authoring and
    >the directory structure should not matter, as the machines will just
    >duplicate what they are given.
    >
    >Thanks again.

    Since the house can't provide any details of the problem we're working
    blind. I can only suggest a simple test project. Drag a known good
    Mpeg into TmpegDVDauthor, add "play" and a couple of random chapters,
    compile and burn that, and see if that also will not be accepted by
    the house. In other words offer them something completely different
    from what you've been providing, they won't charge for such a test
    beyond the blanks used. If that works then the problem has been
    something in the Adobe software or its use, if it doesn't work then
    there's a problem with your burn. I suggested reburning the ISO as a
    means of seeing if you could create an identical copy in your own
    setup, but that doensn't go far enough.

    .. Steve ..
    Steve(JazzHunter), Jun 20, 2004
  10. Jay

    Steve Guidry Guest

    Most burner towers give the operator 2 ways to burn the disc - - verified,
    and disc copy. "Verified" involves copying the files to an internal hard
    drive and then back out to the discs. It checks everything to make sure it
    is all up to specs. The screening process is quite detailed. Even one
    corrupt file can abort a project. Most burners don't tell the operator
    exactly what the error is, they just reject it. It can even be a tiny error
    with a readme or pdf or jpg file that seems inconsequential to the meat of
    the project. I'm guessing that's what's happening on your disc. It then
    takes a skilled author to find and correct the problem.

    "Disc copy" on the other hand makes an exact copy of what is on the disc.
    This method copies the errors and all. We typically use this setting only
    when a customer is adamant that "his disc is OK". We make it clear that
    the discs don't carry our "100% playable" warranty. We don't give money
    back unless we're able to verify the disc first as part of the burn.

    One side note - - "disc copy" takes a lot longer, too, since the path from
    the reader to the burners is slower than the one from the hard drive to the
    burners.

    Steve

    Steve Guidry, Jun 21, 2004
  11. Steve Guidry wrote:

    > One side note - - "disc copy" takes a lot longer, too, since the path from
    > the reader to the burners is slower than the one from the hard drive to the
    > burners.

    Steve -

    Which burning program has "disc copy"?

    Gary Eickmeier
    Gary Eickmeier, Jun 22, 2004
  12. Jay

    Biz Guest

    "Gary Eickmeier" <> wrote in message

    > Steve Guidry wrote:
    >
    > > One side note - - "disc copy" takes a lot longer, too, since the path

    from
    > > the reader to the burners is slower than the one from the hard drive to

    the
    > > burners.

    > Steve -
    >
    > Which burning program has "disc copy"?
    >
    > Gary Eickmeier

    Hmmm....how about all of them. As long as the disc is not CSS encrypted,
    meaning mostly non-commercial disks, and the total size is small enough to
    fit on your blank media, you can copy disks all day long.
    Biz, Jun 22, 2004
  13. Jay

    Steve Guidry Guest

    No Gary, you mis-read.

    We're not using a program on a PC to make copies. We're using a
    stand-alone tower of drives with its own internal hard disc and programming.
    I suspect the programming is burned on a rom chip. There is no PC involved.

    Steve

    Steve Guidry, Jun 22, 2004
  14. Biz wrote:
    > "Gary Eickmeier" <> wrote in message

    >>Which burning program has "disc copy"?
    >>
    >>Gary Eickmeier
    >>

    > Hmmm....how about all of them. As long as the disc is not CSS encrypted,
    > meaning mostly non-commercial disks, and the total size is small enough to
    > fit on your blank media, you can copy disks all day long.

    The main reason I ask is that our Phillips standalone DVD recorder makes
    discs that can't be copied. We find the Video TS folder, but it won't
    record, comes up with some error that the file is incompatible or
    something. Does anyone know any reason why a standalone DVD recorder
    wouldn't make standard discs?

    Gary Eickmeier
    Gary Eickmeier, Jun 23, 2004
  15. "Gary Eickmeier" wrote ...
    > The main reason I ask is that our Phillips standalone DVD recorder makes
    > discs that can't be copied. We find the Video TS folder, but it won't
    > record, comes up with some error that the file is incompatible or
    > something. Does anyone know any reason why a standalone DVD recorder
    > wouldn't make standard discs?

    I found the same thing. I'd bet this is a FAQ over on one
    of the DVD-specialty newsgroups.
    Richard Crowley, Jun 23, 2004
  16. Jay

    kay & wand Guest

    me too. i have to copy by either ripping (my own work!), or copying folders
    manually...

    leslie

    kay & wand, Jun 23, 2004
  17. Jay

    Steve Guidry Guest

    I have a Phillips DVDR75/17 that works fine.

    I guess you're : 1) using quality media and 2) finalizing your discs ?

    Steve

    Steve Guidry, Jun 23, 2004
  18. Jay

    FredBillie Guest

    << From: Gary Eickmeier
    Date: Tue, Jun 22, 2004 9:52 PM

    I have no problem copying the movie disks made on my Panasonic DMR-HS2 DVD
    recorder. The copying is done on a Mac with Toast Titanium.

    FredBillie, Jun 24, 2004
  19. Jay

    perefred

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2007
    Messages:
    3
    DVD Duplication problem

    HI,

    I understand your problem, But I use a great CD & DVD duplication service provider when I need to make lot of copy of any particular CD or DVD and it works very well for me. you can get lot of copy of your DVD in short of time. I hope you will get what you want.
    Good luck!
    perefred, Dec 29, 2007