    sheep.
    thanks

    bye Adriano
    Adriano, Jan 25, 2004

  2. Adriano

    DarkMatter Guest

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 17:16:55 GMT, Adriano <> Gave
    us:

    >Hi,
    >I'd like to know when the first dual-layer recorder DVDfor PC will
    >sheep.
    >thanks
    >
    > bye Adriano

    Yer an idiot. Commercial, multilayer DVDs are NOT "burned" dipshit!
    DarkMatter, Jan 25, 2004

  3. Adriano

    Skid Guest

    "DarkMatter" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 17:16:55 GMT, Adriano <> Gave
    > us:
    >
    > >Hi,
    > >I'd like to know when the first dual-layer recorder DVDfor PC will
    > >sheep.
    > >thanks
    > >
    > > bye Adriano

    > Yer an idiot. Commercial, multilayer DVDs are NOT "burned" dipshit!

    Of course, FecalMatter, that's not what he was asking. Dual-layer PC burners
    are already being shown and should be available for purchase in the spring.

    http://asia.cnet.com/newstech/personaltech/0,39001147,39163045,00.htm
    Skid, Jan 25, 2004
  4. Adriano

    DarkMatter Guest

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 18:18:27 GMT, "Skid" <>
    Gave us:

    >Of course, FecalMatter, that's not what he was asking. Dual-layer PC burners
    >are already being shown and should be available for purchase in the spring.
    >
    >http://asia.cnet.com/newstech/personaltech/0,39001147,39163045,00.htm

    Yeah, with probably a 50% dropout rate on burned discs... oh boy!
    DarkMatter, Jan 25, 2004
  5. Adriano

    Fogar Guest

    > Yeah, with probably a 50% dropout rate on burned discs... oh boy!

    Do you mean the new dual-layer recorders are worse than the actual
    recorders?
    Why do you tell it?

    bye Fogar
    Fogar, Jan 25, 2004
  6. Adriano

    luminos Guest

    Thanks for this link! This looks like a hopeless format to me. For DVD-R
    two layer, both layers must be completely recorded to be playable.
    For DVD+R the same amount of recordable data must be on each layer. Sheesh!

    luminos, Jan 25, 2004
  7. Adriano

    Thor Guest

    > On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 17:16:55 GMT, Adriano <> Gave
    > us:
    >
    > >Hi,
    > >I'd like to know when the first dual-layer recorder DVDfor PC will
    > >sheep.
    > >thanks
    > >
    > > bye Adriano

    > Yer an idiot. Commercial, multilayer DVDs are NOT "burned" dipshit!

    Designate yourself as the "dipshit" since multilayer DVD/R and DVD/RW discs
    have been developed as well as the burners that can use them. He is asking
    how long it will be until he can purchase one of these new multilayer
    burners. He never mentioned "commercial", idiot.
    Thor, Jan 26, 2004
  8. Adriano

    Trevor S Guest

    "luminos" <> wrote in

    > For DVD+R the same amount of recordable data must be on each
    > layer. Sheesh!

    I fail to see how this is a problem on PC burners ? If you have 5GB to
    burn for instance then put 2.5 on each layer, I presume the burning
    software, when it catches up with the hardware will sort this out for you.
    Set top recorders will be a different kettle of fish though, of course if
    you have a HDD recorder I image it won't be a problem (ie the hardware will
    simpily plit the file size in two and dub to the blank DVD media), the only
    problme I could forsee will be direct recording to the media, this presumes
    compatability with current systems.

    --
    Trevor S

    -Albert Einstein
    Trevor S, Jan 26, 2004
  9. Adriano

    luminos Guest

    "Trevor S" <> wrote in message
    > "luminos" <> wrote in
    >
    > > For DVD+R the same amount of recordable data must be on each
    > > layer. Sheesh!

    > I fail to see how this is a problem on PC burners ? If you have 5GB to
    > burn for instance then put 2.5 on each layer, I presume the burning
    > software, when it catches up with the hardware will sort this out for you.
    > Set top recorders will be a different kettle of fish though, of course if
    > you have a HDD recorder I image it won't be a problem (ie the hardware

    will
    > simpily plit the file size in two and dub to the blank DVD media), the

    only
    > problme I could forsee will be direct recording to the media, this

    presumes
    > compatability with current systems.
    >
    > --
    > Trevor S
    >

    > "Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    > -Albert Einstein

    Quote:

    he said dual-layer recording, no matter what the format, faces hurdles. One
    is the importance of fully recording both layers of a dual-layer disc, he
    said. If that doesn't occur, Parsons said, some DVD players might behave
    unpredictably, for instance by causing a momentary interruption of the
    program.

    I read this to mean that although the DVD+R spec does not 'require' full
    recording, most players expect it. This seems to be a player ROM issue.
    luminos, Jan 26, 2004