    sheep.
    thanks

    bye Adriano
    Adriano, Jan 25, 2004

  2. Adriano

    DarkMatter Guest

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 17:16:55 GMT, Adriano <> Gave
    us:

    >Hi,
    >I'd like to know when the first dual-layer recorder DVDfor PC will
    >sheep.
    >thanks
    >
    > bye Adriano

    Yer an idiot. Commercial, multilayer DVDs are NOT "burned" dipshit!
    DarkMatter, Jan 25, 2004

  3. Adriano

    Skid Guest

    "DarkMatter" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 17:16:55 GMT, Adriano <> Gave
    > us:
    >
    > >Hi,
    > >I'd like to know when the first dual-layer recorder DVDfor PC will
    > >sheep.
    > >thanks
    > >
    > > bye Adriano

    > Yer an idiot. Commercial, multilayer DVDs are NOT "burned" dipshit!

    Of course, FecalMatter, that's not what he was asking. Dual-layer PC burners
    are already being shown and should be available for purchase in the spring.

    http://asia.cnet.com/newstech/personaltech/0,39001147,39163045,00.htm
    Skid, Jan 25, 2004
  4. Adriano

    DarkMatter Guest

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 18:18:27 GMT, "Skid" <>
    Gave us:

    >Of course, FecalMatter, that's not what he was asking. Dual-layer PC burners
    >are already being shown and should be available for purchase in the spring.
    >
    >http://asia.cnet.com/newstech/personaltech/0,39001147,39163045,00.htm

    Yeah, with probably a 50% dropout rate on burned discs... oh boy!
    DarkMatter, Jan 25, 2004
  5. Adriano

    luminos Guest

    Thanks for this link! This looks like a hopeless format to me. For DVD-R
    two layer, both layers must be completely recorded to be playable.
    For DVD+R the same amount of recordable data must be on each layer. Sheesh!

    luminos, Jan 25, 2004
  6. Adriano

    Trevor S Guest

    "luminos" <> wrote in

    > For DVD+R the same amount of recordable data must be on each
    > layer. Sheesh!

    I fail to see how this is a problem on PC burners ? If you have 5GB to
    burn for instance then put 2.5 on each layer, I presume the burning
    software, when it catches up with the hardware will sort this out for you.
    Set top recorders will be a different kettle of fish though, of course if
    you have a HDD recorder I image it won't be a problem (ie the hardware will
    simpily plit the file size in two and dub to the blank DVD media), the only
    problme I could forsee will be direct recording to the media, this presumes
    compatability with current systems.

    --
    Trevor S

    -Albert Einstein
    Trevor S, Jan 26, 2004
  7. Adriano

    DarkMatter Guest

    On 26 Jan 2004 04:41:49 GMT, Trevor S <> Gave us:

    >"luminos" <> wrote in
    >
    >> For DVD+R the same amount of recordable data must be on each
    >> layer. Sheesh!

    >I fail to see how this is a problem on PC burners ? If you have 5GB to
    >burn for instance then put 2.5 on each layer, I presume the burning
    >software, when it catches up with the hardware will sort this out for you.
    >Set top recorders will be a different kettle of fish though, of course if
    >you have a HDD recorder I image it won't be a problem (ie the hardware will
    >simpily plit the file size in two and dub to the blank DVD media), the only
    >problme I could forsee will be direct recording to the media, this presumes
    >compatability with current systems.

    Wrong group retards!
    DarkMatter, Jan 26, 2004
  8. Adriano

    luminos Guest

    "Trevor S" <> wrote in message
    > "luminos" <> wrote in
    >
    > > For DVD+R the same amount of recordable data must be on each
    > > layer. Sheesh!

    > I fail to see how this is a problem on PC burners ? If you have 5GB to
    > burn for instance then put 2.5 on each layer, I presume the burning
    > software, when it catches up with the hardware will sort this out for you.
    > Set top recorders will be a different kettle of fish though, of course if
    > you have a HDD recorder I image it won't be a problem (ie the hardware

    will
    > simpily plit the file size in two and dub to the blank DVD media), the

    only
    > problme I could forsee will be direct recording to the media, this

    presumes
    > compatability with current systems.
    >
    > --
    > Trevor S
    >

    > "Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    > -Albert Einstein

    Quote:

    he said dual-layer recording, no matter what the format, faces hurdles. One
    is the importance of fully recording both layers of a dual-layer disc, he
    said. If that doesn't occur, Parsons said, some DVD players might behave
    unpredictably, for instance by causing a momentary interruption of the
    program.

    I read this to mean that although the DVD+R spec does not 'require' full
    recording, most players expect it. This seems to be a player ROM issue.
    luminos, Jan 26, 2004