    I do not know where to look to cure this, a help will be much appreciated.

    --
    Hannis
    Henry Makampo, Apr 14, 2005

  2. Henry Makampo

    JANA Guest

    Look in the hardware properties of your computer, under hardware device, to
    see if the CD drive is reported to be working properly. If so, it is
    possible that the drive has failed.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    "Henry Makampo" <> wrote in message
    Hi All,
    Today when I wanted to install a program from a CD Rom. the CD Rom drive
    just kept showing "no response" error message.

    JANA, Apr 14, 2005

  3. Henry Makampo

    Zilva Zanga Guest

    > Hi All,
    > Today when I wanted to install a program from a CD Rom. the CD Rom drive
    > just kept showing "no response" error message.
    > I do not know where to look to cure this, a help will be much appreciated.
    >
    > --
    > Hannis

    Are you sure that the CD has something on it. If it's a burnt one than the
    burn process may have failed.
    Use your windows installation CD to test it. Assuming it's a legal CD it
    must have valid files on it.
    Zilva Zanga, Apr 15, 2005