    same messages! can anyone help?

    Thanks

    John
    John Lord, Jun 25, 2005

  2. John Lord

    Ionizer Guest

    "John Lord" <> wrote in message
    news:s%cve.3500$...
    > I've got a new PC less than 3 months old and I'm getting error
    > messages from the DVD Writer, can anybody help please?
    >
    > It's a Aopen DUW 1608/ARR, when trying to play San Andreas it's say
    > the disc is corrupted and that windows doesn't recognise it? I thought
    > it was the disc so took it back and exchanged it for a new one, but
    > still getting the same messages! can anyone help?

    A workaround solution to your problem: use the "No-CD" patch, available
    at the very bottom of this page:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7332157786&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2

    This will allow you to play the game without inserting the CD at all.

    I'd recommend renaming your existing GTA_SA.EXE file to GTA_SA.EXE.OLD
    first, rather than overwriting the file. That way if it doesn't work,
    you can easily revert back to the way things are now, no harm done.

    --
    Ian.
    Ionizer, Jun 25, 2005

  3. John Lord

    Jimbo Guest

    "John Lord" <> wrote in message
    > I've got a new PC less than 3 months old and I'm getting error messages
    > from the DVD Writer, can anybody help please?
    >
    > It's a Aopen DUW 1608/ARR, when trying to play San Andreas it's say the
    > disc is corrupted and that windows doesn't recognise it? I thought it was
    > the disc so took it back and exchanged it for a new one, but still getting
    > the same messages! can anyone help?

    Yes, that would be the "San Andreas Fault"
    Next question please?
    Jimbo, Jun 25, 2005
  4. John Lord

    John Lord Guest

    erm! cheers ionizer but that was just a link to an ebay item!!

    things have got worse and even when there a dvd in the drive, when I try to
    access it the compute insist "Please insert disc into drive D:"?? sometimes
    it get going but says the disc needs formatting, or windows can't read the
    disc?

    tried it with a few dvd with the same result and 2 are brand new just
    unsealed so it isn't the disc.

    strangely enough it seems fine with cd and can play dvd movies??

    can anyone help please, I have a free weekend with no kids and was looking
    forward to a weekend of gaming!

    thanks

    John

    John Lord, Jun 25, 2005
  5. John Lord

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "John Lord" <> wrote in message
    > erm! cheers ionizer but that was just a link to an ebay item!!

    Yeah, but *what* a link!!!

    (too bad I don't have a spare mil sitting in the bank <g>)
    Toolman Tim, Jun 25, 2005
  6. John Lord

    Guest

    On "John Lord" <> wrote:

    |>erm! cheers ionizer but that was just a link to an ebay item!!
    |>
    |>things have got worse and even when there a dvd in the drive, when I try to
    |>access it the compute insist "Please insert disc into drive D:"?? sometimes
    |>it get going but says the disc needs formatting, or windows can't read the
    |>disc?

    |>can anyone help please, I have a free weekend with no kids and was looking
    |>forward to a weekend of gaming!

    Just the basics, wash the CD with dish soap, rinse well and dry. Clean
    your CD lens. Take the disk back and exchange it.

    Copy the CD to disk and like Ionizer mention'd do the NOCD trick
    http://tinyurl.com/dl42c (Google).

    |>> Yes, that would be the "San Andreas Fault"
    |>> Next question please?

    BTW really enjoy'd this reply :))

    --
    http://www.planettribes.com/allyourbase/AYB2.swf (DSL)
    , Jun 25, 2005
  7. John Lord

    John Lord Guest

    was a great link and yeah wish I was loaded too toolman!

    and thanks peenywise but the dvd's i'm trying are pure clean, they are brand
    new and thanks i appreciated the ionizer thing about not having to put the
    dvd every time u play! but seriously does anyone know or have any ideas
    what's happening? this pc is still under guarantee so if it's the drive
    packing up i should be ok, but would prefer it to be a software thing i
    (we!) could sort

    thanks

    john

    John Lord, Jun 26, 2005
  8. John Lord

    Guest

    , Jun 26, 2005
  9. John Lord

    Ionizer Guest

    "John Lord" <> wrote in message
    > erm! cheers ionizer but that was just a link to an ebay item!!

    Oops- sorry! I'd been trying to figure out of *any* guitar was worth
    US$6,500.

    Here's the link I meant to send you:
    http://spacetarget.com/games/pc_gta_san_andreas.shtml

    The English no-cd patch is at the bottom of the page.

    Regards,
    Ian.
    Ionizer, Jun 26, 2005
  10. John Lord

    Plato Guest

    Ionizer wrote:

    > Oops- sorry! I'd been trying to figure out of *any* guitar was worth
    > US$6,500.

    In the Guitar Center in my town they even have mics for $6,000, and yes,
    they also have a few dozen guitars in that range as well.
    Plato, Jun 26, 2005
  11. John Lord

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    > Ionizer wrote:
    >>
    >> Oops- sorry! I'd been trying to figure out of *any* guitar was worth
    >> US$6,500.

    > In the Guitar Center in my town they even have mics for $6,000, and yes,
    > they also have a few dozen guitars in that range as well.

    Yeah - but re-read the amount on the eBay Jimi Hendrix guitare - not $6,500
    but $695,000. A little out of my price range <g>

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7332157786&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2
    Toolman Tim, Jun 26, 2005
  12. John Lord

    Ionizer Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    > Yeah - but re-read the amount on the eBay Jimi Hendrix guitare - not
    > $6,500 but $695,000. A little out of my price range <g>

    You know, sometimes I just screw up several times in a row. My
    contributions to this thread are certainly evidence of this
    thankfully-occasional phenomenon. First I post the wrong link, then I
    quote by far the wrong price in my follow-up apology/explanation. And
    for all I know there's probably some radically stupid error in this
    reply also.

    But at least I haven't yet made the mistake of bidding on Jimi's guitar
    so far this weekend. Even at my stupidest, I'd never pay more than half
    a million dollars for a guitar. Not for one with a busted tremolo arm,
    anyway.

    Regards,
    Ian.
    Ionizer, Jun 27, 2005
  13. John Lord

    Ionizer Guest

    "old jon" <> wrote in message
    > So, like me your prepared to admit, in public, that another brain cell
    > has died.
    > Good man Ian. <g>. best wishes..OJ

    Why killing brain cells is a good thing:
    http://www.acm.ndsu.nodak.edu/~alpratt/buffalo.html

    Cheers!
    Ian.
    Ionizer, Jun 27, 2005
  14. John Lord

    old jon Guest

    "Ionizer" <> wrote in message
    > "old jon" <> wrote in message
    >> So, like me your prepared to admit, in public, that another brain cell
    >> has died.
    >> Good man Ian. <g>. best wishes..OJ

    > Why killing brain cells is a good thing:
    > http://www.acm.ndsu.nodak.edu/~alpratt/buffalo.html
    >
    > Cheers!
    > Ian.

    Pass me that crate of beer quick..Hick. <g>
    old jon, Jun 27, 2005
  15. John Lord

    Top Guest

    "old jon" <> wrote in

    > "Ionizer" <> wrote in message
    >> "old jon" <> wrote in message
    >>> So, like me your prepared to admit, in public, that another
    >>> brain cell has died.
    >>> Good man Ian. <g>. best wishes..OJ

    >> Why killing brain cells is a good thing:
    >> http://www.acm.ndsu.nodak.edu/~alpratt/buffalo.html
    >>
    >> Cheers!
    >> Ian.

    > Pass me that crate of beer quick..Hick. <g>

    I NEED some too! Quick, before it's too late, hicup!

    Ed

    --
    Freedom is never free....
    Top, Jun 27, 2005
  16. old jon gurgled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > "Ionizer" <> wrote in message
    >> "old jon" <> wrote in message
    >>> So, like me your prepared to admit, in public, that another
    >>> brain cell has died.
    >>> Good man Ian. <g>. best wishes..OJ

    >> Why killing brain cells is a good thing:
    >> http://www.acm.ndsu.nodak.edu/~alpratt/buffalo.html
    >>
    >> Cheers!
    >> Ian.

    > Pass me that crate of beer quick..Hick. <g>

    BEER!!?? BEER!!?? Did somebody say BEER??? If beer kills brain cells,
    I've been running at a deficit since 1965.

    --

    The Old Sourdough
    In the future, everyone will speak one language,
    The Old Sourdough, Jun 27, 2005