DVD DL Disks

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Possible, May 30, 2011.

  1. Possible

    Possible Guest

    Seems to have a lot of Failures with the imation brand, found that I did
    have a firmware upgrade to my Pioneer DVR-212 but that did not fix it.

    The cheap Spindle of Meorex disk worked , but only tried one.

    I imation worked but 3 have failed.

    Funny thing is the imation is a RITEK S04

    The Memorex is a RITEK S04

    A Verbatim worked its a MKM 001

    The only brand that gets the thumbs up on the net is Verbatum.

    Trouble is Brand labels don't mean a thing, I have seen brands in the
    past made by 3 different Factories.

    The Pioneer Firmware 1.28 list only MKM, Yuden, Maxell. MBI, DVD DL

    no RITEK DVD DL listed

    But it states that if unknown MID it burns at 2X
    Possible, May 30, 2011

  2. Possible

    Richard Guest

    On 5/30/2011 7:32 PM, Possible wrote:

    > Seems to have a lot of Failures with the imation brand, found that I did
    > have a firmware upgrade to my Pioneer DVR-212 but that did not fix it.
    >

    > The cheap Spindle of Meorex disk worked , but only tried one.
    >
    > I imation worked but 3 have failed.
    >
    > Funny thing is the imation is a RITEK S04
    >
    > The Memorex is a RITEK S04
    >
    > A Verbatim worked its a MKM 001
    >

    > The only brand that gets the thumbs up on the net is Verbatum.
    >

    > Trouble is Brand labels don't mean a thing, I have seen brands in the
    > past made by 3 different Factories.
    >

    > The Pioneer Firmware 1.28 list only MKM, Yuden, Maxell. MBI, DVD DL
    >
    > no RITEK DVD DL listed
    >
    > But it states that if unknown MID it burns at 2X

    Yeah, only use for the DLs I found was the 360 stuff. Unreliable slow
    crap. Nail in the coffin for optical media for many people when they
    failed on them.
    Richard, May 30, 2011