    Warren Barr Guest

    Is it possible to buy blank DVDs bigger than 4.7 GB so you can fit DVD
    movies with lots of extras on just one DVD WITHOUT losing any quality?
    Warren Barr, Nov 26, 2003

  2. Warren Barr

    Robert Baer Guest

    Warren Barr wrote:

    > Is it possible to buy blank DVDs bigger than 4.7 GB so you can fit DVD
    > movies with lots of extras on just one DVD WITHOUT losing any quality?

    No.
    Robert Baer, Nov 26, 2003

  3. Warren Barr

    Thor Guest

    Not yet, but dual-layer recordables are not far off. Of course they will
    require new DVD recorders capable of using them.

    Thor, Nov 26, 2003
  4. Warren Barr

    Night_Seer Guest

    Thor wrote:
    > Not yet, but dual-layer recordables are not far off. Of course they
    > will require new DVD recorders capable of using them.
    >

    > ..
    > "Warren Barr" <> wrote in message
    >> Is it possible to buy blank DVDs bigger than 4.7 GB so you can fit
    >> DVD movies with lots of extras on just one DVD WITHOUT losing any
    >> quality?

    Your better off waiting for blue-ray or HD-DVD than buying one of
    those...they are also just around the corner and blue ray holds about 26
    GB I believe. Of course that means you can't play it in your DVD player
    :)

    --
    Night_Seer
    Night_Seer, Nov 26, 2003