  1. The first time that I installed XP, X64 I found on Microsoft a DVD Decoder
    for Win XP, X64. After reinstalling operating system due to problems I
    cannot find it again. Can anyone help with a link?

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2h1Y2sgV29ydGh5?=, Jan 19, 2006

  2. Check out this article with info by Carlos about DVD Decoders and Windows
    x64:
    http://extended64.com/blogs/andre/archive/2006/01/04/1616.aspx
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jan 19, 2006

  3. Andre:
    Thanks for quoting me!
    :)
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jan 19, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jan 19, 2006
  5. You deserve it. :)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jan 19, 2006
  6. Yes, but I also found somewhere within Microsfot a decoder for X64 &
    downloaded it, it worked great. Just wish that I had been smart enough to
    save the file, not just install it from the web.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2h1Y2sgV29ydGh5?=, Jan 19, 2006
  7. Ok, somewhere in Microsoft could mean two things, either the website or the
    operating system, which is it? I know it does not come with OS and
    thirdparty ones you have to buy.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jan 19, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?Q2h1Y2sgV29ydGh5?=

    Barb Bowman Guest

    there is no 64 bit decoder to watch DVD's available from MS. or anyone
    else. what IS available is the 64 bit Windows Media ENcoder.

    On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 12:05:07 -0800, "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]"
    <> wrote:

    >Ok, somewhere in Microsoft could mean two things, either the website or the
    >operating system, which is it? I know it does not come with OS and
    >thirdparty ones you have to buy.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP
    Expert Zone Columnist

    Barb Bowman, Jan 19, 2006
  9. I know, but chuck is making it sound like a DVD Decoder comes with WMP 10 on
    x64.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jan 19, 2006
  10. Decoders whose links are in MS site
    (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/mp10/getmore/plugins.aspx#DVDDecoder) are third party (not free) x86 decoders that work together with WMP10.
    After all, wmp10 is an x86 app.
    No x64 players, no x64 decoders.
    (I know you got it right Andre, but the rest...)

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jan 20, 2006
  11. Found this free (?) decoder hanging around on the net:
    http://www.anytodvd.com/download/dvddecoder.exe
    Home page is:
    http://www.anytodvd.com
    Seems to be freeware because it is not in the "purchase" section.
    Didn't test it, though.
    If somebody tests it, just share with us the result!!!
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jan 20, 2006
  12. You might also check out http://www.cole2k.net/. I am using their package
    on x64.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 20, 2006
  13. Fine place, Colin!
    Just added to my favorites list.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jan 20, 2006
  14. =?Utf-8?B?Q2h1Y2sgV29ydGh5?=

    Barb Bowman Guest

    I doubt this is a 64 bit decoder...

    Barb Bowman, Jan 20, 2006
  15. Barb:
    I never meant that.
    So far there are no x64 decoders, no x64 players.
    What I really meant is that this might be an x86 free mpeg2 (a.k.a.: DVD)
    decoder which I have not tested.
    I know of a single x64 codec which is in alpha stage (Xvid) and is available
    somewhere at www.planetamd64.com
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jan 20, 2006