    Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because a compatible DVD
    decoder is not installed on your computer.

    How can I solve this problem?
    Alison, Dec 18, 2004

  2. On 18 Dec 2004, Alison scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > When I put a DVD into my computer DVD player I get this message,
    >
    > Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because a compatible DVD
    > decoder is not installed on your computer.
    >
    > How can I solve this problem?

    Install a compatible DVD decoder?

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    BEER!!11!! The Staff of Life
    The Old Sourdough, Dec 18, 2004

  3. Alison

    Alison Guest

    "The Old Sourdough" <sameas@above> wrote in message
    > On 18 Dec 2004, Alison scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    > > When I put a DVD into my computer DVD player I get this message,
    > >
    > > Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because a compatible DVD
    > > decoder is not installed on your computer.
    > >
    > > How can I solve this problem?
    > >

    > Install a compatible DVD decoder?

    > --
    > The Old Sourdough
    > BEER!!11!! The Staff of Life

    Where do I get the DVD decoder from? Please give me some leads.

    Alison
    Alison, Dec 18, 2004
  4. Alison

    WormWood Guest

    "Alison" <> wrote in message

    > "The Old Sourdough" <sameas@above> wrote in message
    >> On 18 Dec 2004, Alison scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >>
    >> > When I put a DVD into my computer DVD player I get this message,
    >> >
    >> > Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because a compatible DVD
    >> > decoder is not installed on your computer.
    >> >
    >> > How can I solve this problem?
    >> >

    >> Install a compatible DVD decoder?

    > Where do I get the DVD decoder from? Please give me some leads.

    You could start by furnishing some leads yourself. All the mindreaders
    have either logged out, passed out or been carried out. Start by
    furnishing your OS, DVD specs, anything that can be plugged into Google.
    WormWood, Dec 18, 2004
  5. Alison

    Conor Guest

    In article Alison says...

    > Where do I get the DVD decoder from? Please give me some leads.

    You can pay Microsoft $19.99 or find a copy of WinDVD, PowerDVD or
    similar and install them.

    --
    Conor

    A man alone in the forest is talking to himself and no women around to
    hear him. Is he still wrong?
    Conor, Dec 18, 2004
  6. On 18 Dec 2004, Alison scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > "The Old Sourdough" <sameas@above> wrote in message
    >> On 18 Dec 2004, Alison scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >>
    >> > When I put a DVD into my computer DVD player I get this message,
    >> >
    >> > Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because a compatible DVD
    >> > decoder is not installed on your computer.
    >> >
    >> > How can I solve this problem?
    >> >

    >> Install a compatible DVD decoder?

    >> --
    >> The Old Sourdough
    >> BEER!!11!! The Staff of Life

    > Where do I get the DVD decoder from? Please give me some leads.
    >
    > Alison

    Well, your original post is rather vague, don't you think? My crystal
    ball is kinda murky today, which makes it rather difficult to tell what
    Operating System, the make and model of your DVD player, the version of
    Windows Media Player you're using, and so forth. However, the best
    place to start is probably here:

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/format/codecdownload.aspx

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    BEER!!11!! The Staff of Life
    The Old Sourdough, Dec 18, 2004
  7. On 18 Dec 2004, Alison scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > "The Old Sourdough" <sameas@above> wrote in message
    >> On 18 Dec 2004, Alison scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >>
    >> > When I put a DVD into my computer DVD player I get this message,
    >> >
    >> > Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because a compatible DVD
    >> > decoder is not installed on your computer.
    >> >
    >> > How can I solve this problem?
    >> >

    >> Install a compatible DVD decoder?

    >> --
    >> The Old Sourdough
    >> BEER!!11!! The Staff of Life

    > Where do I get the DVD decoder from? Please give me some leads.
    >
    > Alison

    Oops! Here's the link I meant to give you:

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/mp10/faq.aspx

    Between the two, you ought to be able to come up with something.

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    BEER!!11!! The Staff of Life
    The Old Sourdough, Dec 18, 2004
  8. Alison

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Alison" <> wrote in message
    | When I put a DVD into my computer DVD player I get this message,
    |
    | Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because a compatible DVD
    | decoder is not installed on your computer.
    |
    | How can I solve this problem?

    If this link is still active, it should work for you:
    ftp://iseb2.surgi.dote.hu/Microsoft/XP/DVDPack/DVDPack.msi

    Otherwise, you'll have to find a decoder plug-in that will cost about $15 or
    $20, or buy a stand-alone DVD player software. I use WinDVD, and got it
    cheap at www.fairauction.com, but it isn't listed right now.
    Toolman Tim, Dec 18, 2004