    files,etc. to the VIDEO file and then hit the 'BURN' button. I want
    cheap, but easy like Nero. Should I just bite the bullet and buy Nero?

    Thanks.

    Warren Barr, Oct 16, 2003

  2. Warren Barr

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    (Warren Barr) wrote in news:5751-3F8E2921-121
    @storefull-2231.public.lawson.webtv.net:

    > Should I just bite the bullet and buy Nero?

    Nero is a fantastic program, probably one of the best CD burning programs
    on the market, if not the best. I see Nero 6 "Ultra Edition" on Newegg.com
    for $85 with free shipping. Depending on if you really need Nero 6 or if
    Nero 5 will work for you, you could actually buy a LiteOn 52x24x52 burner
    that comes with a copy of Nero 5.5 included (fully functional, non demo)
    for around $50 or $60 shipped from Newegg. It could be an excuse to
    upgrade to a faster burner and get the software you want included for free.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

    DeMoN LaG, Oct 16, 2003

  3. Warren Barr

    Night_Seer Guest

    DeMoN LaG wrote:
    > (Warren Barr) wrote in
    > news:5751-3F8E2921-121 @storefull-2231.public.lawson.webtv.net:
    >
    >> Should I just bite the bullet and buy Nero?

    > Nero is a fantastic program, probably one of the best CD burning
    > programs on the market, if not the best. I see Nero 6 "Ultra
    > Edition" on Newegg.com for $85 with free shipping. Depending on if
    > you really need Nero 6 or if Nero 5 will work for you, you could
    > actually buy a LiteOn 52x24x52 burner that comes with a copy of Nero
    > 5.5 included (fully functional, non demo) for around $50 or $60
    > shipped from Newegg. It could be an excuse to upgrade to a faster
    > burner and get the software you want included for free.

    Actually those are coming with Nero 6 but only Nero Express now (the lite on
    burners I mean.) So I would just spen the money on it.

    --
    Night_Seer

    Night_Seer, Oct 16, 2003
  4. Warren Barr

    BillKirch Guest

    >I want
    >cheap, but easy like Nero. Should I just bite the bullet and buy Nero?

    #############
    I bought Nero 6.0 full version for $14.50 from an online Discount OEM seller.
    BG

    BillKirch, Oct 17, 2003
  5. Warren Barr

    Warren Barr Guest

    What is OEM and what is the catch? Why would it be $80.00 - $100.00 on
    sites like Amazon, Bestbuy, etc.? I am just asking because I want to
    buy it and I want to get the best deal all around that I can.

    Thanks.

    Warren Barr, Oct 17, 2003
  6. Warren Barr

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    (Warren Barr) wrote in news:18047-3F8F7230-352
    @storefull-2233.public.lawson.webtv.net:

    > What is OEM and what is the catch? Why would it be $80.00 - $100.00 on
    > sites like Amazon, Bestbuy, etc.? I am just asking because I want to
    > buy it and I want to get the best deal all around that I can.

    OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer
    What it means is you get no support and usually no fancy box or extras.
    Example:
    Buy a retail video card you get a fancy colorful box and oodles of bundled
    software. Buy an OEM video card you get a white box with the card and a
    driver disc (sometimes).

    It's meant mostly for vendors, they buy at a discount, but they have to do
    the tech support and stuff themselves, ie, if you buy an OEM copy of Nero
    you most likely will get zero technical support from Ahead.

    DeMoN LaG, Oct 17, 2003
  7. Warren Barr

    Warren Barr Guest

    I am ok without the tech support but are all of the features there that
    are included in the Nero 6 Ultra Edition which sells for much more?

    Thanks.

    Warren Barr, Oct 17, 2003
  8. Warren Barr

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    (Warren Barr) wrote in news:898-3F8F797A-252
    @storefull-2236.public.lawson.webtv.net:

    > I am ok without the tech support but are all of the features there that
    > are included in the Nero 6 Ultra Edition which sells for much more?

    I doubt there would be anything you would miss that wouldn't be included,
    but you could email a place selling it and ask them.

    DeMoN LaG, Oct 17, 2003