    of info and we're locked out again.
    This doesn't look good, people.

    Tony
    Spleen Merchant, Mar 18, 2005

  2. Spleen Merchant

    theyak Guest

    In article <>, Waterboy1019
    @yahooo.com says...

    > Do a search for Ripguard at Google.
    > Looks like the age of copying dvd's is now over. According to
    > Macrovision, even if it is cracked, all they need is to change 1 byte
    > of info and we're locked out again.
    > This doesn't look good, people.
    >
    > Tony

    Please, it will be cracked. Then the change will be cracked, then that
    change.
    theyak, Mar 18, 2005

  3. Spleen Merchant

    Guest

    Spleen Merchant wrote:
    > Do a search for Ripguard at Google.
    > Looks like the age of copying dvd's is now over. According to
    > Macrovision, even if it is cracked, all they need is to change 1 byte
    > of info and we're locked out again.
    > This doesn't look good, people.

    >From Macrovision's web site:

    "RipGuard Reduces Ripping
    RipGuard DVD applies an innovative, format-based Unique Digital
    Framework to each protected DVD5 or DVD9 title. This technology blocks
    ripping by the most commonly used rippers. In fact, by ripper market
    share, RipGuard DVD blocks 97% of rippers used in the wild. With nearly
    a billion dollars in cannibalized DVD retail revenue at stake, RipGuard
    DVD can produce some amazing financial windfalls for your DVD
    business."

    Wow they sure are promising the moon with this. I wonder if this will
    force people to make analog rips as opposed to digital. It's easier to
    just shut off or ignore the existing video signal Macrovision.
    , Mar 18, 2005
  4. In article <>,
    Spleen Merchant <> wrote:

    > Do a search for Ripguard at Google.
    > Looks like the age of copying dvd's is now over. According to
    > Macrovision, even if it is cracked, all they need is to change 1 byte
    > of info and we're locked out again.
    > This doesn't look good, people.

    Uh huh. Have you been living under a rock? It will be cracked fast than
    your mama can say, "That'll be fifty dollars."!
    Urra Dipschitt, Mar 18, 2005
  5. Spleen Merchant

    mimus Guest

    On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 09:53:46 -0500, Spleen Merchant
    <> wrote:

    >Do a search for Ripguard at Google.
    >Looks like the age of copying dvd's is now over. According to
    >Macrovision, even if it is cracked, all they need is to change 1 byte
    >of info and we're locked out again.
    >This doesn't look good, people.

    You can do anything you want with any files, with the exception of
    decyphering well- encyphered ones.

    --
    ..sigzip*
    mimus, Mar 18, 2005
  6. On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 15:32:54 GMT, Urra Dipschitt
    <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > Spleen Merchant <> wrote:
    >
    >> Do a search for Ripguard at Google.
    >> Looks like the age of copying dvd's is now over. According to
    >> Macrovision, even if it is cracked, all they need is to change 1 byte
    >> of info and we're locked out again.
    >> This doesn't look good, people.

    >Uh huh. Have you been living under a rock? It will be cracked fast than
    >your mama can say, "That'll be fifty dollars."!

    Read it again. they can change the code so that it would have to be
    cracked every 6 seconds.
    Good luck with that one, you fucking wiseass rocket scientist.

    Tony

    BTW, you really are a dipshit. Consider that a compliment.

    Tony
    Spleen Merchant, Mar 18, 2005

  7. > Read it again. they can change the code so that it would have to be
    > cracked every 6 seconds.
    > Good luck with that one, you fucking wiseass rocket scientist.

    You stupid ass! It doesn't matter what the **** they do you moron! There
    will be a way around it and someone will figure out how to exploit it.
    Same shit, different day. Get back under your rock.

    > BTW, you really are a dipshit. Consider that a compliment.

    You really ARE stupid, aren't you?

    URA DIPPSCHITT = YOU'RE A DIPSHIT

    Talk about rocket scientists!
    Urra Dipschitt, Mar 18, 2005
  8. Spleen Merchant

    Large Farva Guest

    "Spleen Merchant" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 15:32:54 GMT, Urra Dipschitt
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>In article <>,
    >> Spleen Merchant <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Do a search for Ripguard at Google.
    >>> Looks like the age of copying dvd's is now over. According to
    >>> Macrovision, even if it is cracked, all they need is to change 1 byte
    >>> of info and we're locked out again.
    >>> This doesn't look good, people.

    >>Uh huh. Have you been living under a rock? It will be cracked fast than
    >>your mama can say, "That'll be fifty dollars."!

    > Read it again. they can change the code so that it would have to be
    > cracked every 6 seconds.
    > Good luck with that one, you fucking wiseass rocket scientist.

    No problem. It can be cracked 6 times in that same 6 seconds. Try again.
    Large Farva, Mar 18, 2005
  9. Spleen Merchant

    Guncho Guest

    Spleen Merchant wrote:
    > On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 15:32:54 GMT, Urra Dipschitt
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >In article <>,
    > > Spleen Merchant <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> Do a search for Ripguard at Google.
    > >> Looks like the age of copying dvd's is now over. According to
    > >> Macrovision, even if it is cracked, all they need is to change 1

    byte
    > >> of info and we're locked out again.
    > >> This doesn't look good, people.

    > >Uh huh. Have you been living under a rock? It will be cracked fast

    than
    > >your mama can say, "That'll be fifty dollars."!

    > Read it again. they can change the code so that it would have to be
    > cracked every 6 seconds.
    > Good luck with that one, you fucking wiseass rocket scientist.
    >
    > Tony
    >
    > BTW, you really are a dipshit. Consider that a compliment.
    >

    > Tony

    I hear they're going to start removing the tabs on VCR tapes as well
    making it so you can't record over it if you want to! WHAT EVER SHALL
    WE DO!

    Chris
    Guncho, Mar 18, 2005
  10. Spleen Merchant

    Stan Brown Guest

    Stan Brown, Mar 18, 2005
  11. Spleen Merchant

    kaboom Guest

    On 18 Mar 2005 13:54:03 -0800, "Guncho" <> wrote:

    >Spleen Merchant wrote:
    >> On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 15:32:54 GMT, Urra Dipschitt
    >> <> wrote:

    >byte
    >> >

    >> >Uh huh. Have you been living under a rock? It will be cracked fast

    >than
    >> >your mama can say, "That'll be fifty dollars."!

    >> Read it again. they can change the code so that it would have to be
    >> cracked every 6 seconds.
    >> Good luck with that one, you fucking wiseass rocket scientist.
    >>
    >> Tony
    >>
    >> BTW, you really are a dipshit. Consider that a compliment.
    >>

    >> Tony

    >I hear they're going to start removing the tabs on VCR tapes as well
    >making it so you can't record over it if you want to! WHAT EVER SHALL
    >WE DO!

    **LOL. Add a little piece of tape over the hole, but you didn't hear
    that from me!!! ;)

    kaboomie
    kaboom, Mar 18, 2005
  12. Spleen Merchant

    Rob Guest

    "Guncho" <> wrote in message

    > Spleen Merchant wrote:
    > > On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 15:32:54 GMT, Urra Dipschitt
    > > <> wrote:

    > byte
    > > >

    > > >Uh huh. Have you been living under a rock? It will be cracked fast

    > than
    > > >your mama can say, "That'll be fifty dollars."!

    > > Read it again. they can change the code so that it would have to be
    > > cracked every 6 seconds.
    > > Good luck with that one, you fucking wiseass rocket scientist.
    > >
    > > Tony
    > >
    > > BTW, you really are a dipshit. Consider that a compliment.
    > >

    > > Tony

    > I hear they're going to start removing the tabs on VCR tapes as well
    > making it so you can't record over it if you want to! WHAT EVER SHALL
    > WE DO!

    Damn, now that >is< a bad piece of news ...
    Rob, Mar 18, 2005
  13. Spleen Merchant

    pertnoy Guest

    Why the hell would anyone copy a DVD to VHS tape anyway?

    pertnoy, Mar 19, 2005
  14. Spleen Merchant

    Biz Guest

    stupidity, poor eyesight, cheapskates, need more reasons?

    Biz, Mar 19, 2005
  15. Spleen Merchant

    pertnoy Guest

    Cheapskates??????
    DVD 40 cents each VHS $1.50 each, cheapest I seen.
    ..

    pertnoy, Mar 19, 2005
  16. Spleen Merchant

    unclejr Guest

    Stan Brown wrote:
    > Translation: One particular program is about to see its market
    > share grow from 3% to 90%+.

    Hmmm... Doesn't Windoze own about 97% of the OS market? I sense that
    the new Mac mini, along with Roxio's Popcorn will be selling like
    hotcakes in the near future. :) And MacTheRipper is already free...

    -Junior
    unclejr, Mar 19, 2005
  17. Spleen Merchant

    Supervisor Guest

    On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 09:53:46 -0500, Spleen Merchant wrote:

    > Do a search for Ripguard at Google.
    > Looks like the age of copying dvd's is now over. According to Macrovision,
    > even if it is cracked, all they need is to change 1 byte of info and we're
    > locked out again.
    > This doesn't look good, people.
    >
    > Tony

    It might be for Windows folks. (I doubt it since there are some pretty
    creative Windows hackers out there). But there are at least 4 or 5 ways
    for a Linux (or FreeBSD) user to create an absolute image of the DVD,
    including bad sectors, weird sectors, wrong sectors, etc. As long as it
    is an identical copy, it will play. Some of the Linux copiers are much
    superior to Dvdshrink and Dvdcrypt, especially if used with a brand of DVD
    player that was not destined to be sold in the US or Europe.
    Unfortunately, the programs can be absolute SOBs to get running - even for
    a Linux guru. They don't come with a convienent Setup.exe file.

    The weakness of Ripguard is that it has to be compatible with current
    players.

    It also doesn't address the copying from a protection free DVD player
    into a protection free capture card.

    Nor does it protect from dumping from a protection free DVD player to a
    digital acquisition card. This was a new one on me. I keep thinking of a
    DVD player as an analog output device like a VCR...

    Now, my question. Given the quality of movies coming out of Hollywood...
    Why in hell would you want a copy of one?

    Supervisor
    Supervisor, Mar 19, 2005
  18. Spleen Merchant

    Guest

    wrote: Wow they sure are promising the moon with this. I wonder if this
    will force people to make analog rips as opposed to digital. It's easier
    to just shut off or ignore the existing video signal Macrovision.

    or tape it off the tv with their camcorder by pointing their camcorder
    at the tv screen..

    How is Macrovision going to stop that?
    , Mar 19, 2005
  19. Spleen Merchant

    Jay Stewart Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > wrote: Wow they sure are promising the moon with this. I wonder if this
    > will force people to make analog rips as opposed to digital. It's easier
    > to just shut off or ignore the existing video signal Macrovision.
    >
    > or tape it off the tv with their camcorder by pointing their camcorder
    > at the tv screen..
    >
    > How is Macrovision going to stop that?

    Wow, that's certainly one of the most obtuse posts ever.
    Jay Stewart, Mar 19, 2005
  20. Spleen Merchant

    RichA Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Do a search for Ripguard at Google.
    >Looks like the age of copying dvd's is now over. According to
    >Macrovision, even if it is cracked, all they need is to change 1 byte
    >of info and we're locked out again.
    >This doesn't look good, people.
    >
    >Tony

    The people who write this stuff never seem to realize that there are
    hoards of people who get their thrills out of writing things to
    crack that kind of thing. It's like Microsoft trying to scare
    people into not using Linux, a waste of time.
    -Rich
    RichA, Mar 19, 2005