    can get (free or pay).
    Thanks
    Mr. Moe

    Mr. Moe, May 29, 2005

  2. Mr. Moe

    Large Farva Guest

    DVD Shrink + Nero

    Large Farva, May 29, 2005

  3. Mr. Moe

    Mr. Moe Guest

    Thanks much.

    Mr. Moe, May 30, 2005
  4. Mr. Moe

    Kathy Guest

    I personally think DVD Shrink (www.dvdshrink.org) and DVD Decrypter
    (www.dvddecrypter.com) meet almost all the DVD copy needs I have. It has
    standard copying and ripping capability as well as a DVD reauthoring
    function. Both are free downloads. Have fun.

    Kathy, Jun 4, 2005
  5. Mr. Moe

    Bob Guest

    On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 14:28:43 -0400, "Kathy" <> wrote:

    >I personally think DVD Shrink (www.dvdshrink.org) and DVD Decrypter
    >(www.dvddecrypter.com) meet almost all the DVD copy needs I have. It has
    >standard copying and ripping capability as well as a DVD reauthoring
    >function. Both are free downloads. Have fun.

    What is this "reauthoring" thing? I am not familiar with DVD editing
    so I would like to know. I am looking for a "simple" utility that will
    let me edit DVD video so I can collect my favorite scenes off several
    DVDs and compose them onto one DVD, preferably with individual tracks
    so I can skip around at will and preferably with "open session" so I
    can add to the collection at a later time.

    I do a lot of audio editing using Soundforge, so I am looking for
    something that simple.

    What about Nero Vision Express?

    Bob, Jun 4, 2005
  6. Mr. Moe

    Bill Turner Guest

    On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 20:03:56 GMT, (Bob) wrote:

    >What is this "reauthoring" thing? I am not familiar with DVD editing
    >so I would like to know.

    I wondered that too when I first began. It simply means taking the
    existing files and changing them somehow. In my case, it is mostly
    deleting tracks I don't want. Some advanced users may actually edit the
    files for one reason or other.

    --
    BT

    Bill Turner, Jun 5, 2005
  7. Mr. Moe

    Bob Guest

    On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 16:39:02 -0700, Bill Turner <>
    wrote:

    >>What is this "reauthoring" thing? I am not familiar with DVD editing
    >>so I would like to know.

    >I wondered that too when I first began. It simply means taking the
    >existing files and changing them somehow. In my case, it is mostly
    >deleting tracks I don't want. Some advanced users may actually edit the
    >files for one reason or other.

    OK, then what is the best editor to do that?

    I am looking at Nero Vision Express 2. Is that any good for simple
    editing like you describe? I just want to be able to collect tracks
    from DVDs and burn them on a new DVD as individual tracks in an open
    session so I can add more later. That way I will have all my favorite
    scenes in one place in which I can skip around easily. Maybe later I
    can create a menu so I can access them easier but I would have to be
    able to add to the menu later.

    Bob, Jun 5, 2005
  8. Mr. Moe

    Bill Turner Guest

    On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 13:54:52 GMT, (Bob) wrote:

    >OK, then what is the best editor to do that?
    >
    >I am looking at Nero Vision Express 2. Is that any good for simple
    >editing like you describe? I just want to be able to collect tracks
    >from DVDs and burn them on a new DVD as individual tracks in an open
    >session so I can add more later. That way I will have all my favorite
    >scenes in one place in which I can skip around easily. Maybe later I
    >can create a menu so I can access them easier but I would have to be
    >able to add to the menu later.

    I use DVD Shrink for my reauthoring, primarily to remove unwanted tracks
    such as director's comments and menus. I like to have only the basic
    movie. It's free, google for it.

    There are probably other, more sophisticated reauthoring programs, but
    DVD Shrink does everything I need.

    --
    BT

    Bill Turner, Jun 5, 2005
  9. Mr. Moe

    Bob Guest

    On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 09:22:57 -0700, Bill Turner <>
    wrote:

    >I use DVD Shrink for my reauthoring, primarily to remove unwanted tracks
    >such as director's comments and menus. I like to have only the basic
    >movie. It's free, google for it.

    >There are probably other, more sophisticated reauthoring programs, but
    >DVD Shrink does everything I need.

    My son uses it too. I am looking for something that will allow me to
    crop parts of the DVD video so I can collect my favorite scenes on one
    DVD composed of multiple tracks so I can skip around easily and open
    session so I can add to the collection at a later time.

    The closest thing I can come to in audio editing is Soundforge. It has
    all the basics plus some "special effects". Probably I would want to
    be able to fade and dissolve with a good video editor.

    --

    Map of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy
    http://home.houston.rr.com/rkba/vrwc.html

    "Nothing in the world can take the place of perseverence. Talent
    will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education
    will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and
    determination alone are omnipotent."
    --Calvin Coolidge

    Bob, Jun 5, 2005
  10. Mr. Moe

    Billy Joe Guest

    Bob wrote:
    > On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 09:22:57 -0700, Bill Turner
    > <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I use DVD Shrink for my reauthoring, primarily to remove
    >> unwanted
    >> tracks such as director's comments and menus. I like to have
    >> only
    >> the basic movie. It's free, google for it.

    >> There are probably other, more sophisticated reauthoring
    >> programs,
    >> but DVD Shrink does everything I need.

    > My son uses it too. I am looking for something that will allow
    > me to
    > crop parts of the DVD video so I can collect my favorite
    > scenes on one
    > DVD composed of multiple tracks so I can skip around easily
    > and open
    > session so I can add to the collection at a later time.
    >
    > The closest thing I can come to in audio editing is
    > Soundforge. It has
    > all the basics plus some "special effects". Probably I would
    > want to
    > be able to fade and dissolve with a good video editor.

    Certainly the MOST effortless way to accomplish what you'd like
    is to purchase a DVD player that handles MPEGISO/AVI
    containerized a/v. Some examples are Philips, LiteOn, KISS.
    These players will play standard DVD-SVCD-VCDs as well as
    un-authored discs containing VOB, MPG (housing MPEG1/2), AVI
    (housing MPEG4/xvid/divx), MP3, JPG and probably a few more
    formats.

    When the inserted disc is not a DVD-SVCD-VCD, the unit will
    display a file folder, not unlike you see on your PC desktop.
    Most of the units support auto-play (in which case the files are
    played in alpha order by folder/file name).

    Some of these units sell for less than the software required to
    "author" a "DVD" from compliant a/v. All of them sell for less
    than the suite of software necessary to accomplish the task
    typically.

    With one of these units available you could use DVD-Shrink to
    extract the VOB segment(s) you want from a DVD. You could then
    merely rename the VOB files with content specific titles and
    you'd probably place them in folders more appropriately named
    than VIDEO_TS. Simply burn this data to a rewritable,
    extendable CD or DVD as size dictates and play. Add more files
    any time, as long as space remains.

    No authoring, no time wasted, no hassle, no sacrifice of a/v
    quality unless you desire it.

    visit here: http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers check off the
    features you'd like in a player (or learn about the features
    that you may be unaware of), see who offers them, and what
    others think of their performance.

    If your PC can play an a/v file, why can't your entertainment
    center???

    BJ ;-0)

    Billy Joe, Jun 5, 2005