    i'm not expert!!)

    Thanks a lot !!!
    Vinnie

    vinnie, Feb 20, 2007

  2. "vinnie" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > does anyone know a free easy dvd copier (to make back up of my
    > movies)? Since i love a lot playing with the camcoder, i wish to find
    > something for free (if possible) that allows me to make a back up copy
    > of any dvd i have at home.

    two technologies here - computer dvd bruner, or stand alone dvd recorder
    which are you using?

    For non commercial work, the burner will function witht he software packaged
    with it.
    The recorder should function just like a vcr.

    > also, since i got married few year ago, and i have 2 "devils" kids :)
    > they have already broken 4 dvd!!! Is it legal to make a back up copy
    > of the dvds that i buy? If yes, how can i do that? (please help me,
    > i'm not expert!!)
    >
    > Thanks a lot !!!
    > Vinnie

    I use the combination if CloveDVD2 (copier) and AnyDVD ( 'driver' to remove
    macrovision) to make movie only dvd's for the grandchildren. This way it is
    just load and play - no menus to mess with. I'm on copy number 5 of one
    popular movie.

    Copyright laws vary in each country, but generally it is fine to duplicate
    commercial dvd's for you own use, and if you keep the original. Making a
    copy of a rented or borrowed movie would not be allowed (although many
    people do it) and passing the original along to someone else after keeping a
    copy also would not be allowed, as these mean a loss of a sale for the
    copyright holder.

    There are other products available to do the same job

    Copying DVD player or VHS player to DVD recorder is possible with a hardware
    device called an image stabilizer (macrovision remover).

    Stuart

    Stuart Miller, Feb 20, 2007

  3. vinnie

    Doug Jacobs Guest

    vinnie <> wrote:

    > also, since i got married few year ago, and i have 2 "devils" kids :)
    > they have already broken 4 dvd!!! Is it legal to make a back up copy
    > of the dvds that i buy? If yes, how can i do that? (please help me,
    > i'm not expert!!)

    Get DVDShrink, which lets you rip a DVD to your hard drive and remaster it
    - allowing you to remove things like previews, menus, etc. This is good
    if you're interested in creating a "just the movie" copy for the kids.
    DVDShrink can integrate with Nero to then burn your copy to disc. While
    some form of Nero is included with many DVD burners, it's worth the money
    to buy if you don't have a copy already.

    DVDShrink comes with decent documentation that walks you through the basic
    operation of backing up a DVD.

    Also, it's never too early to start teaching the young'uns how to handle
    DVDs - even if it means getting mommy/daddy to swap the disc for them.
    Besides, it also helps teach them to start taking care of their stuff.
    Heck, me and my siblings grew up when LPs and old 5.25" floppy disks were
    the popular media storage devices. We were all carefully trained in how
    to handle these much more fragile mediums. Violations were harshly dealt
    with (loss of privileges.) It only took a few infractions to keep us in
    line.

    --
    Win cash and giftcards just for clicking your mouse!
    http://www.netwinner.com/?signupCode=amuro98

    Doug Jacobs, Feb 20, 2007