    disk is empty so saving the data is useless if I can't recover it, any
    ideas?
    Thanks
    ToyalP2, Feb 11, 2007

  2. ToyalP2

    Filthy Slag Guest

    "ToyalP2" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    > I had about 1G of DATA to copy/save to a CD, Nero asked me if I wanted
    > to make a DVD instead since the data wouldn't fit on a CD-RW, I said yes
    > and put a DVD disk on my new Sony DVD+RW drive.
    > Copy operation went fine and I can visually see data writen on the disk
    > yet I can't see the contents with Windows Explorer and Nero says the DVD

    How are you "visually" seeing data on the disk?
    If via explorer and software such as Nero it states
    the disk is empty - that is it is identified as a disk
    and it shows 4.7gb available? Then it's a blank disk!

    Filthy Slag, Feb 12, 2007

  3. ToyalP2

    joevan Guest

    On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 15:13:40 -0800, ToyalP2
    <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >I had about 1G of DATA to copy/save to a CD, Nero asked me if I wanted
    >to make a DVD instead since the data wouldn't fit on a CD-RW, I said yes
    >and put a DVD disk on my new Sony DVD+RW drive.
    >Copy operation went fine and I can visually see data writen on the disk
    >yet I can't see the contents with Windows Explorer and Nero says the DVD
    >disk is empty so saving the data is useless if I can't recover it, any
    >ideas?
    >Thanks

    Did you delete the files from your hard drive before checking to see
    if the disk burned first? You said you copied the data, how can that
    make it disappear?
    joevan, Feb 12, 2007