    which came with my machine but it will not detect other program CDs.

    --
    Pete
    Agapito, Dec 17, 2005

  2. Agapito

    bmoag Guest

    The DVD and CD lasers are separate: so one could work while the other is
    kaput.
    If you have not already done so uninstall all CD software, including Windows
    Media player, reboot and reinstall. The first CD accessing software you
    install should work. If not it is likely the drive itself. You might also
    inspect that the drive and attendant cabling are solidly connected.
    bmoag, Dec 17, 2005

  3. Agapito

    D S Guest

    Put it on safe mode, and do a system restore. Be sure the date you go
    back to, was when it was problem free.
    If it doesn't work then, I would think the drives are the problem. If
    it does work after the system restore,you might have had some nasty
    software conflicts. The best of luck to you.......Darlene
    D S, Dec 20, 2005