    I have not installed any new hardware.
    Any help will be appreciated
    Stan

    Stan, Jan 20, 2008

  2. Stan

    Kyote Guest

    On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 07:28:11 -0600, "Stan" <> wrote:

    >Windows XP Home Ed.
    >IDE-CD CDRW7352
    >DVD/CD-ROM
    >Device Status: Working properly
    >Had been working fine until last week.
    >Now it won't auto-run, will recognize some music CD's
    >but when they finally load they play for a few seconds then stop.
    >I put in a TaxCut cd and nothing happens.
    >I have not installed any new hardware.
    >Any help will be appreciated
    >Stan

    okay, I'm not to sure why it would have quit working. I would
    recommend getting spybot: search & destroy(free program) and running
    it. But really you just need to get a program called TweakUI

    It's Microsoft powertoy, and also free. That is if your using Windows.
    One of it's options is the ability to set autoplay to activate or
    deactivate, for any drive.

    Kyote, Jan 21, 2008

  3. Stan

    Neil Green Guest

    "Stan" <> wrote in message
    > Windows XP Home Ed.
    > IDE-CD CDRW7352
    > DVD/CD-ROM
    > Device Status: Working properly
    > Had been working fine until last week.
    > Now it won't auto-run, will recognize some music
    > CD's
    > but when they finally load they play for a few
    > seconds then stop.
    > I put in a TaxCut cd and nothing happens.
    > I have not installed any new hardware.
    > Any help will be appreciated
    > Stan

    The drive is faulty.