    any thoughts on why the machine isn't reading the dvd appropriately?

    thanks,
    kevin
    kevin, Jun 4, 2005

  2. Maybe its a missing video codec.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 4, 2005

  3. Until we get 64-bit DVD drivers, you'll only see what you're seeing. I don't
    think anyone is currently shipping DVD burning software, and that's the
    driver we need, I think. (I could be way off base here, but I know when I
    asked Alex Feinman about when ISORecorder would do DVD burns, he said he
    would have to wait for underlying support in the OS. So I take that to mean
    we need a system level driver, and that would have to be 64-bit.)

    You should be able to see DVDs that are burned by first creating an ISO
    image, and then burning the image. The issue is software that treats the DVD
    as a R/W data disk -- this is a different structure.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 4, 2005
  4. kevin

    kevin Guest

    thanks, charlie. i'll keep that in mind.

    kevin, Jun 5, 2005
  5. "Charlie Russel - MVP" <> wrote in message
    > Until we get 64-bit DVD drivers, you'll only see what you're seeing. I
    > don't think anyone is currently shipping DVD burning software, and that's
    > the driver we need, I think. (I could be way off base here, but I know
    > when I asked Alex Feinman about when ISORecorder would do DVD burns, he
    > said he would have to wait for underlying support in the OS. So I take
    > that to mean we need a system level driver, and that would have to be
    > 64-bit.)
    >
    > You should be able to see DVDs that are burned by first creating an ISO
    > image, and then burning the image. The issue is software that treats the
    > DVD as a R/W data disk -- this is a different structure.

    I have't had any problems, as of yet, running Nero Ultra Edition 6.6. But
    then again, I haven't had used ALL of the features yet under x64 pro but
    burning / copiying CD's and DVD's posed no problems. If perhaps you need
    additional CODEC's you can find a link here in the downloads section
    http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?download=238. But you will have to
    register on this site (it's easy no problem). www.planetamd64.com seems to
    be the best place for drivers / apps / discussions etc... for the 64 bit
    platform.

    Cheers,

    Steve

    Steve Thompson, Jun 5, 2005