    any recommendations or getting a new drive the only way to run most of
    the dvds that now use dual layered disks.
    , Apr 17, 2006

  2. SlimPickens Guest

    wrote:
    > My dad has a combo drive that is nearly 4 years old.
    > For the first couple of years the dvd drive parr worked perfectly with
    > all disks
    > but from then on it slowly didn't work with most disks.
    > I have just recently figured out that it only reads single layered
    > disks.
    > any recommendations or getting a new drive the only way to run most of
    > the dvds that now use dual layered disks.

    If you have a DVD burner on your computer you could reauthor the disks
    you own using DVD shrink so that they fit on a single layered disk.
    Other than that if your talking about a drive for his PC, check
    newegg.com they always have great deals on computer hardware, and they
    are very reputable.

    Hope it helps.
    Slim
    SlimPickens, Apr 18, 2006