    read it, but cant copy anything off.
    Is there any hope, any utils out there that might help, or is it toast.

    Thx
    Leigh-Anne, Oct 9, 2007

  2. Leigh-Anne

    sandy58 Guest

    On Oct 9, 8:19 pm, "Leigh-Anne" <> wrote:
    > My friend took his DVD Camcorder on holiday, took loads of video.
    > But when he went to finial a DVD-RW, on the last bit, it said failed, i can
    > read it, but cant copy anything off.
    > Is there any hope, any utils out there that might help, or is it toast.
    >
    > Thx

    He took a lot of stuff but the last one failed or ALL failed in the
    end? You can SEE the video material on your PC but are unable to copy?
    Correct, Leigh-Ann?
    sandy58, Oct 9, 2007

  3. Leigh-Anne

    Leigh-Anne Guest

    "sandy58" <> wrote in message
    > On Oct 9, 8:19 pm, "Leigh-Anne" <> wrote:
    >> My friend took his DVD Camcorder on holiday, took loads of video.
    >> But when he went to finial a DVD-RW, on the last bit, it said failed, i
    >> can
    >> read it, but cant copy anything off.
    >> Is there any hope, any utils out there that might help, or is it toast.
    >>
    >> Thx

    > He took a lot of stuff but the last one failed or ALL failed in the
    > end? You can SEE the video material on your PC but are unable to copy?
    > Correct, Leigh-Ann?

    Cant playback on DVD camcorder, and PC.
    Leigh-Anne, Oct 9, 2007
  4. On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 20:45:20 GMT, "Leigh-Anne" <> wrote:

    >"sandy58" <> wrote in message
    >> On Oct 9, 8:19 pm, "Leigh-Anne" <> wrote:
    >>> My friend took his DVD Camcorder on holiday, took loads of video.
    >>> But when he went to finial a DVD-RW, on the last bit, it said failed, i
    >>> can
    >>> read it, but cant copy anything off.
    >>> Is there any hope, any utils out there that might help, or is it toast.
    >>>
    >>> Thx

    >> He took a lot of stuff but the last one failed or ALL failed in the
    >> end? You can SEE the video material on your PC but are unable to copy?
    >> Correct, Leigh-Ann?
    >>

    >Cant playback on DVD camcorder, and PC.

    Take things easy - put the holiday pics away for now, record something new out
    of the window or whatever and work on that. See to it that the pictures show in
    Play mode - if not contact the manufacturers or better still read the
    instruction manual. Mine shows two types of recordings, video and VR. With video
    you have to plug in to power from the mains to enable the neccesary FINISHING
    with VR mode you require special software or you can get away with Roxio

    If recorded in VR mode, have a look at womble.com for editing. there is a 30
    days trial with that program

    Borge in sunny Perth, Australia
    nesredep egrob, Oct 10, 2007
  5. In article <ALROi.4330$>,
    Leigh-Anne <> wrote:

    >"sandy58" <> wrote in message
    >> On Oct 9, 8:19 pm, "Leigh-Anne" <> wrote:
    >>> My friend took his DVD Camcorder on holiday, took loads of video.
    >>> But when he went to finial a DVD-RW, on the last bit, it said failed, i
    >>> can
    >>> read it, but cant copy anything off.
    >>> Is there any hope, any utils out there that might help, or is it toast.
    >>>
    >>> Thx

    >> He took a lot of stuff but the last one failed or ALL failed in the
    >> end? You can SEE the video material on your PC but are unable to copy?
    >> Correct, Leigh-Ann?
    >>

    >Cant playback on DVD camcorder, and PC.

    Check out isobuster. It can recover a lot of things and be set
    to add 00's or skip data. I had one DVD that took overnight to
    get most of the data off a disk that nothing else would touch.

    Bill
    --
    Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com
    Bill Vermillion, Oct 10, 2007
  6. "Leigh-Anne" <> wrote in

    > My friend took his DVD Camcorder on holiday, took loads of video.
    > But when he went to finial a DVD-RW, on the last bit, it said failed,
    > i can read it, but cant copy anything off.
    > Is there any hope, any utils out there that might help, or is it
    > toast.

    FWIW, I'd worked with these camcorders for the better part of two
    years, and I heard this story A LOT. When DVD cams fail, they fail
    big-time, and often take the precious memories of their owners with
    them.

    To anyone who's in the market for a camcorder: please, please, please
    get yourself a MiniDV or HDD-based camera and burn your own DVDs
    with a PC. You'll have a lot more control over your media and probably
    save yourself a few bucks in the long run.

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    Aaron J. Bossig, Oct 10, 2007