DVD camcorder recording time.

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by arrownet, Sep 6, 2005.

  1. arrownet

    arrownet Guest

    Sorry if this if off topic, but I haven't found a newsgroup that is clearly
    closer.

    I am considering buying a DVD camcorder to record concerts and masterclasses
    at my music festival. It is practical. The media is cheap if you buy many.
    No lengthy rewinding etc etc.

    I am though concerned with the short recording time of these small DVD's,
    which is only ½ hour.

    I read somewhere that it is possible, on some cameras at least, to reduce
    resolution so the recording time available increases.

    If that is true, how will the picture and sound quality be ? For instance
    compared with a 5-10 year old analog hi-8 camcorder which I have used so
    far. Acceptable, but only just...

    I have read that doublelayer DVD media are about to be launched, but then
    you would still have to turn it around after half an hour.

    Are there DVD camcorders in existence that record on normal size DVD's ?

    Best regards;

    Peter

    --
    Peter Strömgren