    to plug my VCR into and then that machine into a USB port. Would this
    be okay? Or is there a way to plug the VCR directly into the USB port?
    I'm so lost, but would like to make some homemade Christmas movies. Thanks.
    Bradley Hayward, Oct 19, 2004

  2. Bradley Hayward

    Drifter Guest

    On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 00:58:47 GMT, Bradley Hayward
    <> wrote:

    >If I want to capture and edit video from my VCR/camcorder and burn them
    >onto DVDs, what do I need to connect the VCR to the computer? I have
    >Windows Movie Maker and the burning software on the computer, but what
    >other accessories do I need? They don't have to be crystal clear or
    >anything, and I am on a budget. I saw one machine at Walmart that I had
    >to plug my VCR into and then that machine into a USB port. Would this
    >be okay? Or is there a way to plug the VCR directly into the USB port?
    >I'm so lost, but would like to make some homemade Christmas movies. Thanks.

    You need some sort of hardware to actually capture the video.
    Either a TV Card or some sort of video capture card.

    I'm not advocating any of these devices, just showing them for
    example...

    http://www.ati.com/products/tvwonderusb20/

    http://www.pinnaclesys.com/ProductPage_n.asp?Product_ID=2050&Langue_ID=7

    http://www.hauppauge.com/