    Very new at this so please bear with me. I have downloaded a movie
    that has a AVI extension. How can I write this to a DVD? Do I have to
    convert to a different extension, then burn to DVD?

    shocker, Mar 21, 2006

  2. shocker

    Guest

    You'll need to convert it but there's plent of AVI to DVD freeware on
    the web - just google it and you'll find loads of software to do this.

    I like winmpg (http://www.winmpg.com) which you can try for free (but
    it'll brand your dvds in free mode) - it's only 30 dollars if you like
    it though.

    Brett
    - Compare Region 2 DVDs at http://www.billybargain.co.uk
    - Now with "Want it Cheaper" Feature!

    , Mar 21, 2006

  3. shocker

    Michael Guest

    shocker skrev :
    > Very new at this so please bear with me. I have downloaded a movie
    > that has a AVI extension. How can I write this to a DVD? Do I have to
    > convert to a different extension, then burn to DVD?

    You should try
    www.gromit.dk/dvd

    Regards

    Michael, Mar 22, 2006
  4. shocker

    Stan Brown Guest

    Wed, 22 Mar 2006 15:01:53 +0100 from Michael <>:
    > shocker skrev :
    > > Very new at this so please bear with me. I have downloaded a movie
    > > that has a AVI extension. How can I write this to a DVD? Do I have to
    > > convert to a different extension, then burn to DVD?

    > You should try
    > www.gromit.dk/dvd

    Great recommendation, except:

    - It doesn't actually answer the question
    - It's in Danish, and odds are the OP doesn't read Danish.
    - It hasn't been updated in a year and a half.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/

    Stan Brown, Mar 22, 2006
  5. shocker

    Roy L. Fuchs Guest

    On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 15:01:53 +0100, "Michael" <> Gave us:

    snip

    To think that this group used to be about MOVIES on DVD, not ripping
    them off, or netflix retarded posts.

    Roy L. Fuchs, Mar 22, 2006
  6. shocker

    Bob Guest

    On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 10:28:53 -0500, Stan Brown
    <> wrote:

    >> > Very new at this so please bear with me. I have downloaded a movie
    >> > that has a AVI extension. How can I write this to a DVD? Do I have to
    >> > convert to a different extension, then burn to DVD?

    >> You should try
    >> www.gromit.dk/dvd

    >Great recommendation, except:

    > - It doesn't actually answer the question
    > - It's in Danish, and odds are the OP doesn't read Danish.
    > - It hasn't been updated in a year and a half.

    Picky, picky, picky...

    --

    "How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads
    Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-communist?

    Bob, Mar 22, 2006
  7. shocker

    AZ Nomad Guest

    On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 15:01:53 +0100, Michael <> wrote:

    >shocker skrev :
    >> Very new at this so please bear with me. I have downloaded a movie
    >> that has a AVI extension. How can I write this to a DVD? Do I have to
    >> convert to a different extension, then burn to DVD?

    >You should try
    >www.gromit.dk/dvd

    >Regards

    I cought it the first 5 times you posted this advertisement. Next time
    you think it a great idea to post this spam, why don't you just **** off?

    <plonk>

    AZ Nomad, Mar 22, 2006
  8. shocker

    Stan Brown Guest

    Wed, 22 Mar 2006 17:20:52 GMT from AZ Nomad <>:
    > I cought it the first 5 times you posted this advertisement. Next time
    > you think it a great idea to post this spam, why don't you just **** off?

    Next time _you_ think there's any point in responding to a spammer,
    why don't you _not_ repost the link the spammer was advertising?

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/

    Stan Brown, Mar 22, 2006
  9. shocker

    AZ Nomad Guest

    On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 15:38:43 -0500, Stan Brown <> wrote:

    >Wed, 22 Mar 2006 17:20:52 GMT from AZ Nomad <>:
    >> I cought it the first 5 times you posted this advertisement. Next time
    >> you think it a great idea to post this spam, why don't you just **** off?

    >Next time _you_ think there's any point in responding to a spammer,
    >why don't you _not_ repost the link the spammer was advertising?

    oops

    AZ Nomad, Mar 22, 2006
  10. shocker

    TB Guest

    "Roy L. Fuchs" cried like a bitch on the rag:

    > On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 15:01:53 +0100, "Michael" <> Gave us:
    >
    > snip
    >
    > To think that this group used to be about MOVIES on DVD, not ripping
    > them off, or netflix retarded posts.

    Bitch, bitch, bitch.

    What, you gonna post something "on topic" like what screen savers people
    have on their pc desktops again, you big, whiney baby? Why don't you worry
    about keeping up with your meds and leave the adults on the newsgroup to
    post whatever the **** they want -BITCH! HAHAHAHA!

    T.B.

    TB, Mar 23, 2006
  11. In article <442158d1$0$99989$>, says...

    >shocker skrev :
    >> Very new at this so please bear with me. I have downloaded a movie
    >> that has a AVI extension. How can I write this to a DVD? Do I have to
    >> convert to a different extension, then burn to DVD?

    >You should try
    >www.gromit.dk/dvd
    >
    >Regards

    WinAVI will convert most files to VOB format, suitable to write
    directly to DVD via Nero...
    Has problems with some ...

    Harvey

    Your Name Here=Harvey, Mar 23, 2006
  12. shocker

    Roy L. Fuchs Guest

    On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 04:01:49 GMT, "TB" <>
    Gave us:

    >"Roy L. Fuchs" cried like a bitch on the rag:
    >
    >> On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 15:01:53 +0100, "Michael" <> Gave us:
    >>
    >> snip
    >>
    >> To think that this group used to be about MOVIES on DVD, not ripping
    >> them off, or netflix retarded posts.

    >Bitch, bitch, bitch.
    >
    >What, you gonna post something "on topic" like what screen savers people
    >have on their pc desktops again, you big, whiney baby?

    I never said anything about any screen savers you illiterate,
    retarded mother fucker.

    > Why don't you worry
    >about keeping up with your meds and leave the adults on the newsgroup to
    >post whatever the **** they want -BITCH! HAHAHAHA!

    Said the illiterate adolescent that can't even read, much less
    interpret what he attempts to read. Try again, T.B. You may get it
    right after a few thousand attempts.

    Roy L. Fuchs, Mar 23, 2006
  13. shocker

    TB Guest

    "Roy L. Fuchs" whined:

    > Said the illiterate adolescent that can't even read, much less
    > interpret what he attempts to read. Try again, T.B. You may get it
    > right after a few thousand attempts.

    Here comes the best part where Fucksie starts crying again!

    T.B.

    TB, Mar 24, 2006

    stevenedwards, Mar 30, 2006
  15. shocker