    dual layer burner or the + vs - DVDs?
    Thanks,
    Monica

    Monica, May 16, 2005

  2. Monica

    Monica Guest

    Success!

    The issue
    turned out to be the JVC player not liking the DVD-R media. I burned the
    movie to an Imation (same brand as before) DVD+R, using the same burning
    software, and it worked
    beautifully :)

    Monica, May 16, 2005

  3. Re: Success!

    Monica wrote:

    > The issue
    > turned out to be the JVC player not liking the DVD-R media. I burned the
    > movie to an Imation (same brand as before) DVD+R, using the same burning
    > software, and it worked
    > beautifully :)

    For future reference, you may want to check out videohelp.com; they have
    a list of hundreds of DVD players and what media they officially accept
    (as well as what users have actually gotten to work).

    Nicholas Andrade, May 17, 2005
  4. Monica

    Monica Guest

    Re: Success!

    Thanks. I've been that site for hours upon hours. Supposedly my player
    should have played the DVD-R. It's working with the +R so all is well :)

    Monica, May 17, 2005
  5. Monica

    Guest

    look here

    http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Art...=DVD Media Format Compatibility Tests&index=6

    On Mon, 16 May 2005 04:11:06 -0500, "Monica" <> wrote:

    >I bought Imation DVD-R. Used DVD XCopy Express to make a backup copy of a
    >movie using my new computer's Phillip's DVD dual layer burner (DVD-R was not
    >dual layer). It played on my computer but not my JVC home theater player.
    >My friend gave me two movies she'd backed up using the same software. She
    >used an Imation DVD+R and a Maxwell DVD+R. Both of these worked on my
    >computer AND my JVC player that's connected to the home theater. To recap
    >the differences: She used a single layer DVD burner and +R DVDs whereas I
    >used a dual layer burner and -R DVDs. We both used DVD XCopy Express to
    >burn. Her's worked on both of my players, mine only worked on my computer's
    >player. Question: Which do you think is most likely the culprit. The
    >dual layer burner or the + vs - DVDs?
    >Thanks,
    >Monica

    , May 22, 2005