    Steve's page of Fun links http://www.stevesfunlinks.com/
    See Steve with famous people like the Bradys http://www.flash.net/~steve84/index1.htm
    Steve's page of over 200 Disney links! http://www.flash.net/~steve84/Disney.htm
    Steve84, Sep 20, 2003

  2. Steve84 wrote:

    > I just bought a DVD writer drive that can burn at some decent speeds. When burning
    > a data backup or a movie will speed effect the results with DVD-RW and DVD-R
    > discs? Will a movie or data backup come out better burned at 1 or 2X vs 4x?

    It will not matter with data. I cannot imaging that it would matter
    with video either, but there is probably someone reading this with more
    specific information.

    BCA
    Brian C. Allen, Sep 20, 2003

  3. Steve84

    Tony soprano Guest

    "Brian C. Allen" <> wrote in message
    > Steve84 wrote:
    >
    > > I just bought a DVD writer drive that can burn at some decent speeds.

    When burning
    > > a data backup or a movie will speed effect the results with DVD-RW and

    DVD-R
    > > discs? Will a movie or data backup come out better burned at 1 or 2X vs

    4x?

    > It will not matter with data. I cannot imaging that it would matter
    > with video either, but there is probably someone reading this with more
    > specific information.
    >
    > BCA

    Burn at the fastest sped you burner can handle. just make sure you have
    media that is rated for that speed.

    T.

    --
    "Logout, that cookie shit makes me nervous!" - Tony Soprano
    Tony soprano, Sep 22, 2003
  4. I've found that it sometimes doesn't matter what the BURNER
    can do, but instead the DVD player it will be played on. For example,
    for my OWN stuff, to play on my stereo DVD player, I can burn at 2x.
    Burning the same thing for my daughter, I need to burn at 1x.
    Don't know why.....but it's held true. I can play the 1x and the 2x....
    she can play only the 1x.

    Play safe.....do the 1x....
    I usually burn them overnight....

    Adrian