DVD Burning Software

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?U21pcmtpbmdSZXZlbmdl?=, Oct 18, 2005.

  1. Anyone found DVD Burning Software that runs on 64 bit?

    =?Utf-8?B?U21pcmtpbmdSZXZlbmdl?=, Oct 18, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?U21pcmtpbmdSZXZlbmdl?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Both the latest versions of Roxio Easy Media Creator and Nero create DVD's.
    Neither of their packet writing programs work in x64

    John Barnes, Oct 18, 2005

  3. You might also try WinAVI 7.1 (www.winavi.com) for creating a DVD structure
    starting from an AVI file (or equivalent).
    It is an x86 app but it does the job quite nicely on the x64 platform.
    After the DVD structure creation you can follow John's advices for DVD
    burning.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 19, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?U21pcmtpbmdSZXZlbmdl?=

    Manuel Lopez Guest

    The new version of Roxio (v. 8) supports x64 completely, including
    packet-writing.

    Manuel Lopez, Oct 20, 2005
  5. nero 7 premium it works

    =?Utf-8?B?ZXJyZXo=?=, Oct 30, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?U21pcmtpbmdSZXZlbmdl?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Including INCD? Prior versions have worked for all other functions. FYI:
    When I installed Nero to test the last 6 version and then uninstalled it, it
    disabled my CD and DVD drives. It left behind a number of registry entries
    that I had to remove manually to restore the functions to my drives. I have
    found 4 programs so far that installed to completion but when I tried to
    remove them they failed to uninstall properly.

    John Barnes, Oct 30, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?U21pcmtpbmdSZXZlbmdl?=

    Kue2 Guest

    I have Nero 60616 running fine except for incd

    Kue2, Oct 30, 2005
  8. I have had good luck using CDBurnerXp Pro 3 which is free.

    Richard

    Richard G Carruthers, Oct 30, 2005
  9. Nero 7 both Premium and Ultra seem to work fine... but InCD is automatically
    disabled as an application to be installed on both versions.

    Trying Roxio 8 when I can find the time to install it!
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    Cari \(MS-MVP\), Oct 30, 2005
  10. Replying to myself..... Roxio 8 works fine!
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    Cari \(MS-MVP\), Oct 31, 2005
  11. =?Utf-8?B?U21pcmtpbmdSZXZlbmdl?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Great. Does it have the equivalent of Drag-to-Disk. Their website doesn't
    say anything about packet writing software. Mine is scheduled to arrive
    Friday.

    John Barnes, Oct 31, 2005
  12. Yes, and it seems to install fine, although I've only used the basic DVD
    copying, burning from images and VideoWave so far. Despite what most people
    seem to say, I really do prefer Roxio over Nero (yes, I'm standing by for
    the flames!)
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    Cari \(MS-MVP\), Nov 1, 2005
  13. Actually, I'm with you about Roxio too.

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 1, 2005
  14. =?Utf-8?B?U21pcmtpbmdSZXZlbmdl?=

    Rick Guest

    Re: DVD Burning Software (Roxio 8)

    Can you make a bootable CD or DVD in Roxio 8? I dumped Roxio when the
    last version only had the floppy emulation for bootable CDs. I was
    unable to make a bootable CD after slipstreaming SP2.

    If Roxio has put back all the boot options, I would return to it.

    Rick, Nov 1, 2005
  15. =?Utf-8?B?U21pcmtpbmdSZXZlbmdl?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Re: DVD Burning Software (Roxio 8)

    Roxio has made a bootable CD for several versions from a bootable image on
    your hard drive.

    John Barnes, Nov 1, 2005
  16. Heck, no flames here, I always liked it. But now that Sonic owns them, I've
    been holding back doing the upgrade. I don't like Sonic at all. OTOH,
    version 8 does direct TiVo to DVD, so I may have to just go for it.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 2, 2005
  17. =?Utf-8?B?U21pcmtpbmdSZXZlbmdl?=

    Rick Guest

    Re: DVD Burning Software (Roxio 8)

    But, you didn't have the option to 'build' a bootable CD with no
    emulation, which you need for a bootable XP CD.

    I even called Roxio and was told the option for a "no emulation" boot CD
    was removed because there "wasn't a demand" for it.

    The only option for building a boot CD was with "floppy emulation."

    I returned my software and received a refund.

    Rick, Nov 2, 2005
  18. =?Utf-8?B?U21pcmtpbmdSZXZlbmdl?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Re: DVD Burning Software (Roxio 8)

    floppy emulation is no longer the only option at least Easy Media 7 and
    later. Don't have earlier versions any longer.

    John Barnes, Nov 2, 2005
  19. PROBLEMS WITH BOTH ROXIO V.8 and NERO 7.0 : both programs just do not
    reconize my Plextor PX-740A under Windows XPx64! Actually, after the
    installation, Roxio reconizes the drive and is able to work properly BUT
    after the first reboot, if I login with root permissions, a message appears
    saying that the CD drives are unproperly registred and that a correction in
    the registry was made to correct the problem to prevent programs not to
    recognize the drives (I have no choice, it is just a notification). After the
    next reboot, Roxio 8 does not see any CD/DVD burner installed anymore... With
    Nero 7 (released tooday) it does not work at all (I have no drive
    recognized). I have the lastest version of Plextool Pro installed and I can
    burn a CD under the administrator account only (but I cannot burn an image
    file!). Of course under WinXP 32 bits everything is fine.
    Can I correct the registry? How?
    Thanks in advance.
    Alain.

    =?Utf-8?B?YW0xcDl0aHo=?=, Nov 2, 2005
  20. =?Utf-8?B?U21pcmtpbmdSZXZlbmdl?=

    Rick Guest

    Re: DVD Burning Software (Roxio 8)

    Easy Media 7 is the one I returned for a refund because the 1st version
    released, which I upgraded to, only had the floppy option. When I
    contacted Roxio, including Tech support, I was blatantly told the other
    options, such as no emulation, were left out intentionally and there was
    no plan to put the options back in.

    I have no idea what was done with Easy Media 7 after that. As I said
    before, I immediately returned my upgrade for a refund and switched to Nero.

    Rick, Nov 3, 2005