    the 64 bit. My DVD is on a 64 bit computer. Does anyone have any idea how I
    can get this Emprex dual burner to work. I called Emprex and they don't have
    the software.

    Richard Miller, Jul 25, 2006

  2. Richard Miller

    sittingduck Guest

    Richard Miller wrote:

    > I have a DVD burner which is Nero software and I don't think they
    > support the 64 bit. My DVD is on a 64 bit computer. Does anyone have any
    > idea how I can get this Emprex dual burner to work. I called Emprex and
    > they don't have the software.

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=64 bit dvd burning&btnG=Google Search

    Nero is one of the few that works in 64 bit, you probably have an old
    version.

    sittingduck, Jul 25, 2006

  3. Richard Miller

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-07-25, Richard Miller <> wrote:
    > I have a DVD burner which is Nero software and I don't think they support
    > the 64 bit. My DVD is on a 64 bit computer. Does anyone have any idea how I
    > can get this Emprex dual burner to work. I called Emprex and they don't have
    > the software.

    What 64-bit computer?

    --
    "One Architecture, One OS" also translates as "One Egg, One Basket".

    Jimchip, Jul 25, 2006

  4. >> I have a DVD burner which is Nero software and I don't think they support
    >> the 64 bit. My DVD is on a 64 bit computer. Does anyone have any idea how
    >> can get this Emprex dual burner to work. I called Emprex and they don't
    >> have
    >> the software.

    > What 64-bit computer?

    Vista

    Richard Miller, Jul 25, 2006
  5. Richard Miller

    Paul Guest

    "Richard Miller" <> wrote in message

    >>> I have a DVD burner which is Nero software and I don't think they
    >>> support
    >>> the 64 bit. My DVD is on a 64 bit computer. Does anyone have any idea
    >>> how I
    >>> can get this Emprex dual burner to work. I called Emprex and they don't
    >>> have
    >>> the software.

    >> What 64-bit computer?

    > Vista

    ???

    Paul, Jul 25, 2006
  6. Richard Miller

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-07-25, Richard Miller <> wrote:

    >>> I have a DVD burner which is Nero software and I don't think they support
    >>> the 64 bit. My DVD is on a 64 bit computer. Does anyone have any idea how
    >>> can get this Emprex dual burner to work. I called Emprex and they don't
    >>> have
    >>> the software.

    >> What 64-bit computer?

    > Vista

    OK...don't go out of your way and give too much information :)

    If you mean the Vista beta OS from MS then I wouldn't know but what I do
    know, in general, is that it is very likely there will be compatibility
    issues and Nero might not have a Vista-ready version yet. Someone else
    might know of burning software for Vista but running a standard WinXP
    32-bit system, assuming your "64-bit" computer is compatible, as a dual
    boot setup is what I would probably do until Vista is "ready for prime
    time".

    --
    "One Architecture, One OS" also translates as "One Egg, One Basket".

    Jimchip, Jul 25, 2006
  7. Richard Miller

    Top Guest

    on 7/25/2006, Richard Miller supposed :
    >>> I have a DVD burner which is Nero software and I don't think they support
    >>> the 64 bit. My DVD is on a 64 bit computer. Does anyone have any idea how
    >>> can get this Emprex dual burner to work. I called Emprex and they don't
    >>> have
    >>> the software.

    >> What 64-bit computer?

    > Vista

    I'm running Vista and I don't have a 64 bit machine. There's going to
    be a WHOLE bunch of people that would be happy to hearr their machines
    are 64 bit.

    Now with that out of the way, what does a 64 bit comupter have to do
    with Vista?

    Top, Jul 25, 2006
  8. Richard Miller

    Top Guest

    Jimchip expressed precisely :

    >>> What 64-bit computer?

    >> Vista

    > OK...don't go out of your way and give too much information :)
    >
    > If you mean the Vista beta OS from MS then I wouldn't know but what I do
    > know, in general, is that it is very likely there will be compatibility
    > issues and Nero might not have a Vista-ready version yet. Someone else
    > might know of burning software for Vista but running a standard WinXP
    > 32-bit system, assuming your "64-bit" computer is compatible, as a dual
    > boot setup is what I would probably do until Vista is "ready for prime
    > time".

    I'm not arguing your point at all, you are most likely spot on. What
    made me laugh was that several MSMVPs suggesting to people they use
    nero to burn DVD images for the vista beta 2.

    Top, Jul 25, 2006
  9. Richard Miller

    Margolotta Guest

    On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 21:02:15 +0100, Top wrote
    (in article <>):

    > on 7/25/2006, Richard Miller supposed :
    >>>
    >>> What 64-bit computer?

    >> Vista

    > I'm running Vista and I don't have a 64 bit machine. There's going to
    > be a WHOLE bunch of people that would be happy to hearr their machines
    > are 64 bit.
    >
    > Now with that out of the way, what does a 64 bit comupter have to do
    > with Vista?

    About as much as fish have to do with bicycles. He's obviously running the
    64-bit version - just like there's one for XP. Vista isn't a 64-bit only OS,
    so you don't need to worry (if you're contemplating running it, that is).

    Margolotta, Jul 25, 2006
  10. Richard Miller

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-07-25, Top <> wrote:
    > Jimchip expressed precisely :

    >>> Vista

    >> OK...don't go out of your way and give too much information :)
    >>
    >> If you mean the Vista beta OS from MS then I wouldn't know but what I do
    >> know, in general, is that it is very likely there will be compatibility
    >> issues and Nero might not have a Vista-ready version yet. Someone else
    >> might know of burning software for Vista but running a standard WinXP
    >> 32-bit system, assuming your "64-bit" computer is compatible, as a dual
    >> boot setup is what I would probably do until Vista is "ready for prime
    >> time".

    > I'm not arguing your point at all, you are most likely spot on. What
    > made me laugh was that several MSMVPs suggesting to people they use
    > nero to burn DVD images for the vista beta 2.

    Yes, one would have a 32-bit XP OS and download the file and burn the
    image. Then, install on another partition. It sounds like probably not
    use Vista to burn a second image with Nero later :)

    --
    "One Architecture, One OS" also translates as "One Egg, One Basket".

    Jimchip, Jul 25, 2006
  11. Richard Miller

    Top Guest

    Margolotta brought next idea :
    > On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 21:02:15 +0100, Top wrote
    > (in article <>):
    >
    >> on 7/25/2006, Richard Miller supposed :

    >>> Vista

    >> I'm running Vista and I don't have a 64 bit machine. There's going to
    >> be a WHOLE bunch of people that would be happy to hearr their machines
    >> are 64 bit.
    >>
    >> Now with that out of the way, what does a 64 bit comupter have to do
    >> with Vista?
    >>

    > About as much as fish have to do with bicycles. He's obviously running the
    > 64-bit version - just like there's one for XP. Vista isn't a 64-bit only OS,
    > so you don't need to worry (if you're contemplating running it, that is).

    I am running it <g>.

    Top, Jul 26, 2006
  12. Richard Miller

    Top Guest

    on 7/25/2006, Jimchip supposed :
    > On 2006-07-25, Top <> wrote:
    >> Jimchip expressed precisely :

    >>> OK...don't go out of your way and give too much information :)
    >>>
    >>> If you mean the Vista beta OS from MS then I wouldn't know but what I do
    >>> know, in general, is that it is very likely there will be compatibility
    >>> issues and Nero might not have a Vista-ready version yet. Someone else
    >>> might know of burning software for Vista but running a standard WinXP
    >>> 32-bit system, assuming your "64-bit" computer is compatible, as a dual
    >>> boot setup is what I would probably do until Vista is "ready for prime
    >>> time".

    >> I'm not arguing your point at all, you are most likely spot on. What
    >> made me laugh was that several MSMVPs suggesting to people they use
    >> nero to burn DVD images for the vista beta 2.

    > Yes, one would have a 32-bit XP OS and download the file and burn the
    > image. Then, install on another partition. It sounds like probably not
    > use Vista to burn a second image with Nero later :)

    Some of the software I've used with 98 & XP works with vista (this ng
    reader) but not everything. I haven't tried nero and I haven't heard
    of anyone that has tried it. Some of the quirks are different ways to
    install. I had to install from inside XP, I couldn't boot from the
    vista disk, it would hang at the point where I had to input something
    from the keyboard. Others had no problem booting and installing from
    the vista disk. I wouldn't want to be answering the phones the first
    day vista hits the streets, lol.

    Top, Jul 26, 2006
  13. Richard Miller

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-07-25, Top <> wrote:
    > on 7/25/2006, Jimchip supposed :
    >> On 2006-07-25, Top <> wrote:
    >>> Jimchip expressed precisely :

    [snip]
    >> Yes, one would have a 32-bit XP OS and download the file and burn the
    >> image. Then, install on another partition. It sounds like probably not
    >> use Vista to burn a second image with Nero later :)

    > Some of the software I've used with 98 & XP works with vista (this ng
    > reader) but not everything. I haven't tried nero and I haven't heard
    > of anyone that has tried it. Some of the quirks are different ways to
    > install. I had to install from inside XP, I couldn't boot from the
    > vista disk, it would hang at the point where I had to input something
    > from the keyboard. Others had no problem booting and installing from
    > the vista disk. I wouldn't want to be answering the phones the first
    > day vista hits the streets, lol.

    I was just commenting on the OP's statement that Nero isn't supporting
    64-bit yet. I'm pretty sure there's a compatibility list but Vista plus
    the different 64-bit architectures should be interesting :)

    --
    "One Architecture, One OS" also translates as "One Egg, One Basket".

    Jimchip, Jul 26, 2006
  14. Richard Miller

    Top Guest

    After serious thinking Jimchip wrote :
    > On 2006-07-25, Top <> wrote:
    >> on 7/25/2006, Jimchip supposed :

    > [snip]
    >>> Yes, one would have a 32-bit XP OS and download the file and burn the
    >>> image. Then, install on another partition. It sounds like probably not
    >>> use Vista to burn a second image with Nero later :)

    >> Some of the software I've used with 98 & XP works with vista (this ng
    >> reader) but not everything. I haven't tried nero and I haven't heard
    >> of anyone that has tried it. Some of the quirks are different ways to
    >> install. I had to install from inside XP, I couldn't boot from the
    >> vista disk, it would hang at the point where I had to input something
    >> from the keyboard. Others had no problem booting and installing from
    >> the vista disk. I wouldn't want to be answering the phones the first
    >> day vista hits the streets, lol.

    > I was just commenting on the OP's statement that Nero isn't supporting
    > 64-bit yet. I'm pretty sure there's a compatibility list but Vista plus
    > the different 64-bit architectures should be interesting :)

    Most of the problems so far are self inflicted. People don't run the
    program to determine if their computer has the umphf! to run vista. As
    you say it will be interesting 32 / 64 bit.

    --

    44 Magnum - Retroactive birthcontrol.

    Top, Jul 26, 2006
  15. Richard Miller

    Top Guest

    Top wrote on 7/26/2006 :
    > After serious thinking Jimchip wrote :
    >> On 2006-07-25, Top <> wrote:
    >>> on 7/25/2006, Jimchip supposed :

    >> [snip]
    >>>
    >>> Some of the software I've used with 98 & XP works with vista (this ng
    >>> reader) but not everything. I haven't tried nero and I haven't heard of
    >>> anyone that has tried it. Some of the quirks are different ways to
    >>> install. I had to install from inside XP, I couldn't boot from the vista
    >>> disk, it would hang at the point where I had to input something from the
    >>> keyboard. Others had no problem booting and installing from the vista
    >>> disk. I wouldn't want to be answering the phones the first day vista hits
    >>> the streets, lol.

    >> I was just commenting on the OP's statement that Nero isn't supporting
    >> 64-bit yet. I'm pretty sure there's a compatibility list but Vista plus the
    >> different 64-bit architectures should be interesting :)

    > Most of the problems so far are self inflicted. People don't run the program
    > to determine if their computer has the umphf! to run vista. As you say it
    > will be interesting 32 / 64 bit.

    Let me add to this. About half the problems I've seen in the
    public-vista-beta-install ng have been about drivers. Some people have
    been able to find what they need, either using XP drivers or finding
    drivers on manufactors websites.

    --

    44 Magnum - Retroactive birthcontrol.

    Top, Jul 26, 2006
  16. Richard Miller

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-07-26, Top <> wrote:
    > Top wrote on 7/26/2006 :

    > Let me add to this. About half the problems I've seen in the
    > public-vista-beta-install ng have been about drivers. Some people have
    > been able to find what they need, either using XP drivers or finding
    > drivers on manufactors websites.

    I pretty sure part of the Vista delay was that *everybody* needs to be
    in sync so that it does work...Sorta :)

    Probably the basic OS and the filesystem apps are fine or it wouldn't be
    out in beta. But all of the vendors of apps and drivers have to
    recompile or rewrite and debug. Drivers are very hardware oriented
    (that's sorta their purpose :) but with all the possibilities...pretty
    complicated.

    --
    "One Architecture, One OS" also translates as "One Egg, One Basket".

    Jimchip, Jul 26, 2006
  17. Richard Miller

    Name Guest

    >I have a DVD burner which is Nero software and I don't think they support
    >the 64 bit. My DVD is on a 64 bit computer. Does anyone have any idea how I
    >can get this Emprex dual burner to work. I called Emprex and they don't
    >have the software.

    ** Very interesting replies! Vista has its own writing capabilities and
    works quite well!

    Name, Jul 26, 2006
  18. Richard Miller

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-07-26, Name <> wrote:

    > "Richard Miller" <> wrote in message
    >>I have a DVD burner which is Nero software and I don't think they support
    >>the 64 bit. My DVD is on a 64 bit computer. Does anyone have any idea how I
    >>can get this Emprex dual burner to work. I called Emprex and they don't
    >>have the software.
    >>

    > ** Very interesting replies! Vista has its own writing capabilities and
    > works quite well!

    "Splatter! Choke! Cough! [Note to myself: Don't drink coffee when
    reading 24HS.HD or NANAE]

    "Now, where's my Windex?"

    --
    "One Architecture, One OS" also translates as "One Egg, One Basket".

    Jimchip, Jul 26, 2006
  19. Richard Miller

    Top Guest

    Jimchip explained :
    > On 2006-07-26, Top <> wrote:
    >> Top wrote on 7/26/2006 :

    >> Let me add to this. About half the problems I've seen in the
    >> public-vista-beta-install ng have been about drivers. Some people have
    >> been able to find what they need, either using XP drivers or finding
    >> drivers on manufactors websites.

    > I pretty sure part of the Vista delay was that *everybody* needs to be
    > in sync so that it does work...Sorta :)
    >
    > Probably the basic OS and the filesystem apps are fine or it wouldn't be
    > out in beta. But all of the vendors of apps and drivers have to
    > recompile or rewrite and debug. Drivers are very hardware oriented
    > (that's sorta their purpose :) but with all the possibilities...pretty
    > complicated.

    I think I've been lucky in that my hardware matches well enough "out of
    the box" that it runs Vista with very few problems. I've come across a
    couple of programs that don't run but that's to be expected.

    --

    44 Magnum - Retroactive birthcontrol.

    Top, Jul 26, 2006
  20. Richard Miller

    Top Guest

    Jimchip formulated the question :
    > On 2006-07-26, Name <> wrote:
    >>
    >> "Richard Miller" <> wrote in message
    >>> I have a DVD burner which is Nero software and I don't think they support
    >>> the 64 bit. My DVD is on a 64 bit computer. Does anyone have any idea how I
    >>> can get this Emprex dual burner to work. I called Emprex and they don't
    >>> have the software.
    >>>

    >> ** Very interesting replies! Vista has its own writing capabilities and
    >> works quite well!

    > "Splatter! Choke! Cough! [Note to myself: Don't drink coffee when
    > reading 24HS.HD or NANAE]
    >
    > "Now, where's my Windex?"

    You too! LMAO

    --