    does this burner act differently from the CD burner?
    John Hewitt, Malaga, Spain

    , Apr 12, 2007

  2. WhzzKdd Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Running Win XP. I can burn both CDs and DVDs using installed programs
    > [ Nero, etc ].
    >
    > Running just XP, when I place a CD in the CD burner and close the
    > drive, after a pause, XP shows a window with options [ read, burn,
    > data CD, etc.]
    >
    > But, running XP, when I place a DVD in the DVD burner and close the
    > drive, nothing happens [ the drive LED flashes for a while ]. Why does
    > this burner act differently from the CD burner?
    >
    > Running XP, I can drag a file [ mpeg] to the symbol for the CD burner,
    > and XP 'asks' if I want to burn the file to the CD.
    >
    > But, running XP, I can drag a file [ mpeg] to the symbol for the DVD
    > burner, XP does nothing and I can't burn the file onto the DVD. Why
    > does this burner act differently from the CD burner?
    > John Hewitt, Malaga, Spain

    Because XP has no native support for DVD burners. It just doesn't know what
    to do. Stick to using your Nero or whatever for the DVD discs.
    WhzzKdd, Apr 12, 2007

  3. vin Guest

    hiii
    vin, Apr 12, 2007
  4. Evan Platt Guest

    On 12 Apr 2007 12:22:50 -0700, "vin" <> wrote:

    >hiii

    WTF is up with the Google Group tards posting today?

    <cringe> Oh no... Please Heidi Manway, whereever you are, leave your
    computer off.
    Evan Platt, Apr 12, 2007
  5. Guest

    On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 09:41:14 -0700, "WhzzKdd"
    <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote:

    >> But, running XP, I can drag a file [ mpeg] to the symbol for the DVD
    >> burner, XP does nothing and I can't burn the file onto the DVD. Why
    >> does this burner act differently from the CD burner?
    >> John Hewitt, Malaga, Spain
    >>

    >Because XP has no native support for DVD burners. It just doesn't know what
    >to do. Stick to using your Nero or whatever for the DVD discs.

    Thanks for the reply and the info.
    John Hewitt, Malaga, Spain

    , Apr 13, 2007
  6. Aardvark Guest

    On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 17:44:02 +0200, jhewitt wrote:

    > John Hewitt, Malaga, Spain

    Hey John. Give Dave Courtney my regards next time you see him :)

    --
    Registered Linux User 413057.
    Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06
    Aardvark, Apr 13, 2007