DVD Burner - verification errors

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Paul, Jun 16, 2005.

  1. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Howdy-Ho Everyone!

    Thought I'd get me a DVD burner. It's an LG, model GSA-4163B.
    - Computer is an 866. (Don't laugh!)
    - Windows is 98se (I said don't laugh!)
    - Software is Nero Express 6

    When I try to burn a data DVD, and "Verify Data", I usually get about 5 or
    so "Files are different" errors.
    This is not acceptible right?

    Buffer doesn't underrun, it hangs around 92-96%

    I've tried Fuji, Laser and Verbatim disks (DVD+RW), all equally as bad.

    Do I take it back?
    Any Ideas?

    Thanking you in advance,

    Paul in Australia
    Paul, Jun 16, 2005

  2. Paul

    rainman Guest

    rainman, Jun 16, 2005

  3. Paul

    pwynne Guest

    "rainman" <> wrote in message

    > Paul wrote:
    > > Howdy-Ho Everyone!
    > >
    > > Thought I'd get me a DVD burner. It's an LG, model GSA-4163B.
    > > - Computer is an 866. (Don't laugh!)
    > > - Windows is 98se (I said don't laugh!)
    > > - Software is Nero Express 6
    > >
    > > When I try to burn a data DVD, and "Verify Data", I usually get about 5

    or
    > > so "Files are different" errors.
    > > This is not acceptible right?
    > >
    > > Buffer doesn't underrun, it hangs around 92-96%
    > >
    > > I've tried Fuji, Laser and Verbatim disks (DVD+RW), all equally as bad.
    > >
    > > Do I take it back?
    > > Any Ideas?
    > >
    > > Thanking you in advance,
    > >
    > > Paul in Australia
    > >

    > That is unacceptable. It could be the way 98SE is accessing the hard
    > drive. I'm not sure if Nero 6 was meant to e run on such an old
    > computer.

    The Burner min req says 98SE, 700MHz, 512MB ram (I don't have that much), so
    I know I'm riding close to the edge here...

    In any case, try the same DVD burner in a newer (friend's?)
    > computer if you can... just to make sure the drive isn't bad.

    But I have no friends! (I'm a wannabe computer geek)

    > Rainman

    Thanks, I'll try it in another computer. Say "Hi" to Tom Cruise for me.

    Paul in Australia
    pwynne, Jun 16, 2005